Peabody Union (27 story residential, 354 units, 251,000 sq. ft. office, 50,000 sq. ft. retail), Peabody Plaza (9-story, 280,000 sq. ft. office), & 4 smaller buildings, MDHA Trolley Barn sites

markhollin

Are there any plans for the parking lot that is at the corner of KVB and Hermitage Ave?  Building some thing there would be a nice finishing touch to that area.  While I'd prefer another tower, even a nicely cladded/artistic, multi-level garage would be better than a surface parking lot.  Maybe include a grocery store at the base to address the concern by VSRJ.

Edited by PillowTalk4
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Are there any plans for the parking lot that is at the corner of KVB and Hermitage Ave?  Building some thing there would be a nice finishing touch to that area.  While I'd prefer another tower, even a nicely cladded/artistic, multi-level garage would be better than a surface parking lot.  Maybe include a grocery store at the base to address the concern by VSRJ.

I seem to remember there being at least a vague vision for a taller tower to be built on that lot one day, I believe it came up after we were all so underwhelmed with the scale of the initial Peabody Plaza proposal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

If they were to build 30 stories, with 12 foot floor plates and a mechanical screen/ crown we could see close to 400 feet . That would be a great final touch to transform into the CBD , and hopefully the Tishman and two projects on 2nd . 

Has there been any new moment on the two projects on 2nd? I thought that at least 2nd & Peabody was about to move along. Are there delays or are they simply just moving through the processes necessary to break down?

16 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Based on what I am seeing here, the idea of a REI flagship store is not in the cards. Those stores are around 100k Sq Ft. Nothing near that here. So, we can continue to dream on about any type of big box or flagship store at this location.

At some point the developers of these large Nashville projects are going to have to think outside the box and plan on large retailers somewhere in the downtown area. We may have to wait for the Eastbank to develop for that to happen. Right now, we have not seen a developer yet that has had the fortitude or the gonads to take the chance. They are all focused on small boutique retail space.

True. At least the downtown Apple Store is a good step towards that. And doesn’t NY have a planned space for a big box retailer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Based on what I am seeing here, the idea of a REI flagship store is not in the cards. Those stores are around 100k Sq Ft. Nothing near that here. So, we can continue to dream on about any type of big box or flagship store at this location.

At some point the developers of these large Nashville projects are going to have to think outside the box and plan on large retailers somewhere in the downtown area. We may have to wait for the Eastbank to develop for that to happen. Right now, we have not seen a developer yet that has had the fortitude or the gonads to take the chance. They are all focused on small boutique retail space.

Yea I believe they are targeting clothing stores and restaurants. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I wonder what they are afraid of considering they are going to have to vacate the Arcade from what I am hearing. No other big-name pharmacy downtown either.

That's not good news, I'm within walking distance of them and was expecting them to be my new pharmacy!

On the blue areas of the diagram labeled retail their is a word that underneath the number of square feet of the space. The word is difficult to make out because of its small print. Does that mean that those areas are consolidated for a particular stores or that they can be broken down so that multiple stores can occupy each of those sections?

• Like 1