MoRA

RiverwoodCLT

16 hours ago, JBS said:

I thought that was curious based on your stated position on HB2, etc.  That would have been ironic, I guess...  

Good point. That is why I rushed to make the correction. I have/had no issues with LGBT, just Mayor Robert's stupid installing a huge, needless issue. .  Looks like the CIAA has show some hypocrisy coming here after boycotting.  That being said, do you or anyone else know if there has been a hotel build in vacinity of Monroe Road and Idlewild or closer in towards Eastway?

Edited by caterpillar2

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Had to go way back to find this thread.  Some retail traction in MoRa. 

From the Business Journal today

""In other news, The Charlotte Observer reports on new retailers coming to the MoRA Point development that's currently under construction at Monroe and Idlewild roads. A Starbucks cafe, a Supercuts hair salon and a Verizon store are expected to open next year, according to the report. As previously reported by CBJ, Selwyn Property Group and SunCap Property Group got underway on MoRA Point this past spring. The development will be anchored by an Aldi grocery store.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/11/02/cbj-morning-buzz-charlotte-suburb-ranks-among.html?ana=e_me_set1&s=newsletter&ed=2018-11-02&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1541167244&j=84791791

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Had to go way back to find this thread.  Some retail traction in MoRa. 

From the Business Journal today

""In other news, The Charlotte Observer reports on new retailers coming to the MoRA Point development that's currently under construction at Monroe and Idlewild roads. A Starbucks cafe, a Supercuts hair salon and a Verizon store are expected to open next year, according to the report. As previously reported by CBJ, Selwyn Property Group and SunCap Property Group got underway on MoRA Point this past spring. The development will be anchored by an Aldi grocery store.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/11/02/cbj-morning-buzz-charlotte-suburb-ranks-among.html?ana=e_me_set1&s=newsletter&ed=2018-11-02&u=oAaDx%2B74FoP4qOJ%2By4AU6dhJPpc&t=1541167244&j=84791791

Exciting... however, so much parking lot... this may never be a Flushing, NY (re: asthasr's post in "Learning About Other Places" thread).

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I had to go back to page 5 to find this thread new brewery opening in MoRa.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/164024/edge-city-a-two-story-brewhouse-will-be-opening-in-mora-this-fall/

6209 Old Post Rd on Good shows those new single-story retail strips next to M Station. But the article States it will be in a 2-story building. Anyone know where this brewery is going?

2 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

6209 Old Post Rd on Good shows those new single-story retail strips next to M Station. But the article States it will be in a 2-story building. Anyone know where this brewery is going?

I think it might be behind those single story buildings as some of that land is vacant down there.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, TCLT said:

Does anyone have any details on what's getting built on the lot at 6223 Coatbridge Ln (parcel 18922519)? It was bought this summer by Kinger Homes, so I'm assuming it'll be some single family houses. Curious if anyone knows (and can share) any actual details like number of units, site plan, etc.

Looks like it was rezoned to R-8 CD way back in 2006, and changed hands more than once since. There is a building permit, but only for a retaining wall. 

If they are doing something, it looks like they could build up to 8 units per acre by right, so ~30 housing units without the need for zoning changes. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, slipperypete said:

Looks like it was rezoned to R-8 CD way back in 2006, and changed hands more than once since. There is a building permit, but only for a retaining wall. 

If they are doing something, it looks like they could build up to 8 units per acre by right, so ~30 housing units without the need for zoning changes. 

I didn't realize anyone can search in Acela, but your info led me to dig around a little more and I found out that you can access it! And there are 3 applications there: one for grading the site, one for extending Coatbridge Ln, and one for proposing to subdivide the lot into 16 single family lots. The approved plan for the subdivision has 14 lots.

Road Extension.jpg

Site Plan.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/19/2020 at 8:55 PM, eastsider said:

I guessing this is the site of the old McClintock Woods pool?

I am constantly fascinated by the closure of neighborhood pools in the Charlotte area. Heritage Woods, McClintock Woods, Sharonview. Nowadays in town families are desperate for pool access and we are willing to drive kind of insanely far to swim. 

The parks department should be buying these properties and making them less exclusive with more affordable memberships and one time entry. The exclusivity is what killed them in the first place I imagine. 

5 hours ago, MothBeast said:

The parks department should be buying these properties and making them less exclusive with more affordable memberships and one time entry. The exclusivity is what killed them in the first place I imagine. 

Historically these were not particularly fancy clubs that were very expensive. I think these closures were aligned with a lot of families abandoning the east side of town so the potential membership base had shrunk. Now many of the clubs on this side of town have waiting lists.  

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Boricua said:

It's a little garrish, a little gaudy but I like it. 

charlotte-bojangles-1621612180.jpg

Perfect fit for Myrtle Beach or Las Vegas.  I've never seen it in person so I can't imagine what it looks like in person .  .  . in Charlotte .  .  . or what the neighbors think!  (Where are the NIMBYs when you need them?)

• Haha 1

It’s eye catching for sure.  Catching even eyeballs owned by the folks in City code enforcement.  They say it’s in violation of the sign ordinance and the box needs to be unwrapped by the end of the month.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wbtv.com/2021/05/20/you-cant-miss-it-bright-yellow-bojangles-stirs-up-reaction-city-says-violation-sign-codes/%3foutputType=amp

• Like 1