River North, 105-acre Cowan Street corridor, Phase One: five 4-7 stories, 650 residences, 85 K sq. ft. retail, 50 K sq. ft. office, mile long riverfront park; Phase Two: two 12 story office buildings, pedestrian bridge across river

markhollin

57 minutes ago, Nathan_in_the_UK said:

I spent 5 years in NOVA (Arlington and Alexandria) before moving to the UK. If I recall correctly there was one other poster on the Nashville forum that lived in the area! Welcome to Nashville, though!

Maybe you are referring to me. I’m in Hampton Roads (Virginia Beach) and go up to NOVA all the time. I hope to get back to Nashville sooner than later. I was home when the tornado hit. My dad had heart surgery at St. Thomas the day before and was still there when it hit. I’m still saddened by the damage it caused. It was surreal driving back to VB the next day and seeing all the destruction along I-40. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

48 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Thanks... without Oracle, I imagine they could get started on the apartments?

Remember they sold parcels at the south of the site to some big developers who were planning apartments and retail. Haven't heard anything on them in a bit.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DDIG said:

Remember they sold parcels at the south of the site to some big developers who were planning apartments and retail. Haven't heard anything on them in a bit.

These documents are for that portion. Oracle was rumored to go just north of this where IMI and Advance Plating is located. Those two businesses still own their parcels, and I think part of the sticking point in the deal was related to those parcels. It’s too bad Oracle can’t/doesn’t want to go to Nuehoff on the other side of the river. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, downtownresident said:

These documents are for that portion. Oracle was rumored to go just north of this where IMI and Advance Plating is located. Those two businesses still own their parcels, and I think part of the sticking point in the deal was related to those parcels. It’s too bad Oracle can’t/doesn’t want to go to Nuehoff on the other side of the river. 

So is Oracle definitely dead or just on life support?

1 minute ago, tragenvol said:

I'd say with the death of their Co-CEO and the pandemic, if anything it's on life support.  I'm sure the state ECD folks haven't given up on the relocation effort.

And I'm sure Nashville's ECD is helpi... oh wait, no our city literally doesn't employ an economic development person anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DDIG said:

So is Oracle definitely dead or just on life support?

Dude the mayor isn't into economic development. Oracle, Microsoft, and Tesla aren't coming. If he could he would in all likelyhood curb drastically the convention and tourism industries here. He wants a Dukes of Hazard town.

Edited by JoeyX

27 minutes ago, JoeyX said:

Dude the mayor isn't into economic development. Oracle, Microsoft, and Tesla aren't coming. If he could he would in all likelyhood curb drastically the convention and tourism industries here. He wants a Dukes of Hazard town.

Wonder if the massive budget deficit helps him see the light. Doubt it. Regardless, yes I've preached this about Cooper well before he got elected. He spent years as a councilman and his only vision was to say no deals. Well, mission accomplished. There are no deals to be had.

Not to speak prematurely, but I can't help but think his political career is all but over after the past months. Not saying he was dealt a great hand as mayor, but it's been fascinating to observe just about the entire political spectrum growing outraged at his job performance for one reason or another. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, henburg said:

Not to speak prematurely, but I can't help but think his political career is all but over after the past months. Not saying he was dealt a great hand as mayor, but it's been fascinating to observe just about the entire political spectrum growing outraged at his job performance for one reason or another. 

And to think of how much of his own money he poured into his campaign!

58 minutes ago, henburg said:

Imo, he won because David Briley was a terrible candidate. Coopers prospects for re-election are slim to none, assuming a decent candidate comes along. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Imo, he won because David Briley was a terrible candidate. Coopers prospects for re-election are slim to none, assuming a decent candidate comes along. 

I’d really like to see Bob Mendes run. Smart, balanced and level headed.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Cooper probably killed himself with this 32-36% property tax increase since it was a lot of anti-tax people that probably put him into office.

• Like 1

There's a recall petition online and I just received a property tax repeal petition

in the mail. He should have been mayor of Mayberry. Come to think of it he looks like the actor who played that part. And with him in charge Nashville might start looking like Mayberry.

Edited by archilove