River North, 105-acre Cowan Street corridor, Phase One: five 4-7 stories, 650 residences, 85 K sq. ft. retail, 50 K sq. ft. office, mile long riverfront park; Phase Two: two 12 story office buildings, pedestrian bridge across river

markhollin

I think that TopGolf is a huge draw for companies that may be considering River North, and nearby.  And as the land on the East Bank gets more developed they will be able to sell for a handsome return whenever that happens.

By the way, as I understand the NBJ article the land between TopGolf and the river will be developed by MRP/Creek Lane to build around 650 apartment units in their first phases. So word must be getting around that Oracle will be needing lots of apartments.  Monroe has announced a rough timetable by the end of spring '21.  

Edited by MLBrumby
Corrected per Ron’s clarification.
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, titanhog said:

I guess you’re right if they can truly pull off what they’re planning near the Titans stadium.  Definitely would be nice if the east bank from the two interstate bridges was 100% complete with entertainment, retail, restaurants, hotels, NFL, MLB, business towers, etc.

Wouldn’t it be cool, if the scrapyard was a transportation hub! Clean efficient monorails coming from the outlaying counties, trams, buses and other forms of moving around the inner city. 
the potential of the East Bank is incredible, it’s time to start the transformation. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, henburg said:

I agree with keeping Top Golf there, it's super fun and this development is practically going to shield it from view anyways. It's proximity is an asset and helps further the idea of the East Bank as an entertainment district.

I mean I agree that it's a lot of fun, and I'm glad they're in Nashville, but I just think an oddly angled golf driving range with a giant parking lot the size of some neighborhoods is a crazy inefficient usage of space in an area that we'll be trying to develop as an urban district in the not too distant future.   But I'm probably jumping the gun since there's nothing over there yet.  I suppose we cross that bridge when we get to it, which may still be quite a ways off.

Edited by BnaBreaker

Good gosh.. the Tennessean is such a s#!++¥ newspaper for any size city. They get this ‘scoop’ two days late and can’t even send someone out the door to snap a current picture of their own city... unless those folks are now in Knoxville too. 
Anyway... from Emily West.... https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2020/12/20/nashville-cumberland-river-east-bank-improvement-project/3982111001/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Is the rezoning for the apartments only or the whole shebang in anticipation of Oracle?  EDIT: I see now it's for actual funds. Thanks!

So will the apartments be starting in a few weeks? 

They’ve already started some of the grading work. I’d imagine the roads need to be built before they can start on the apartments/office space. 

Interesting quote from the mayors office: 

"The mayor is in fact most emphatically making this deal better," said Mike Jameson, Cooper's director of legislative affairs, during the council meeting. "Not every capital spending plan results in the luring of major corporations, but when those opportunities present themselves, we have to do the best we can to avail ourselves of those opportunities."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...