River North, 105-acre Cowan Street corridor, Phase One: five 4-7 stories, 650 residences, 85 K sq. ft. retail, 50 K sq. ft. office, mile long riverfront park; Phase Two: two 12 story office buildings, pedestrian bridge across river

markhollin

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

No updates. Again this is very long range. Nashville Yards will probably be built out and occupied before the first building starts here.

The fact that Eakin has cancelled their West End project is telling. GBT may have a tenant in part of the building they want to do on Murphy with Fifth Third bank.

My thoughts are that the Capitol View project took a lot of the wind from One City as the hotel portion is two years behind and the other two office buildings are waiting in the wings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Would the city approve those funds unless it had a clear understanding of the owner- developer’s plans?  If there are not development timetables and capital in place this seems like a foolish move by the city. I say this because the outlay is so closely tied to the River North development.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Oh my god, the city being preemptive in adding infrastructure?! I can't believe it.

I have to assume there will be zero sidewalks... haha (I'm laughing to mask the pain). Sigh

Nice to see them getting ahead of the curve with this. Also it seems like they do have more detailed plans of River North plans, so I assume NB will be relieved

• Like 3

Possibly.... I hope they have more information than just diagrams.... West End Summit had pretty pictures.

3 hours ago, samsonh said:

Nice to see them getting ahead of the curve with this. Also it seems like they do have more detailed plans of River North plans, so I assume NB will be relieved

From NBJ: https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/10/17/20m-of-roadwork-aimed-at-sparking-east-bank.html

The plan includes $10 million for roads and related infrastructure within the proposed River North development. Chicago developer Don Allen, via his firm Monroe Investment Partners, has amassed 105 acres along the riverfront just north of downtown, across from Germantown. Earlier this year, Metro approved a framework for the first piece, named The Landings, located closest to Topgolf's high-tech driving range and entertainment venue. As designed, The Landings could include buildings up to 38 stories tall and a mix of 3 million square feet of office space, 1,700 residential units, 550 hotel rooms and 260,000 square feet of shopping and dining. The plan also includes another $10 million for the immediate vicinity, mostly for overhauling the intersection of Cowan Street and Jefferson Street. 

• Like 3

^^ Yes, I read the same. I will be elated is this is 'real' and happens in a reasonable timeframe. My worry, as we have all seen, is the difficulty in getting other buildings(SAP, KVB Circle building, former WES) out of the ground in much (much) better locations and some with signed tenants. This is a brownfield development in the middle of nowhere.....

again I an rooting for its success.

I don't expect it to evolve exactly as depicted in the renderings. However, I do foresee within a relatively few years (decade) to become similar to The Gulch as a residential hub with amenities (including office) adjacent to the CBD. I like the access to the water (The Landings), and a pedestrian bridge if that is ever to materialize. 

I just noticed however that there is a very succinct post on another website that says a "very credible rumor has this as Amazon and Morgan Stanley".  Have to admit it's fun to think about... before reality hits. That thing is going to Washington (VA&MD). 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I don't expect it to evolve exactly as depicted in the renderings. However, I do foresee within a relatively few years (decade) to become similar to The Gulch as a residential hub with amenities (including office) adjacent to the CBD. I like the access to the water (The Landings), and a pedestrian bridge if that is ever to materialize. 

I just noticed however that there is a very succinct post on another website that says a "very credible rumor has this as Amazon and Morgan Stanley".  Have to admit it's fun to think about... before reality hits. That thing is going to Washington (VA&MD). 

Texcitement is someone I am not familiar with on that site, but Middle Tn 1 is PHofKS. I am with you as far as Amazon goes. 

3 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Morgan Stanley? Haven’t heard that one yet. 

7 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

What is this website you speak of?

Tex just posted on SSP that his source is now equivocating (my words) on what she said earlier. She is from Seattle he said, but gave no details on her role or job. She seemed very specific with her information at first.

As for Morgan Stanley, I could find no indication they were leaving Manhattan, but were considering a move to Hudson Yards in the upper west side of Manhattan.

But if they just want to be in an 800 footer overlooking the river, we can do that.

………………..

12 minutes ago, titanhog said:

What is this website you speak of?

Skyscraper Page.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87

• Like 3

• 1 month later...