markhollin

Drury Plaza Hotel, 21 stories, 390 rooms, NW corner of KVB & 3rd Ave. South - UC

It’ll help bridge the gap between Sobro and whatever behemoth (hopefully) eventually gets built on the Hard Rock Hotel site. 

43 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I think this building is going to have a surprising density effect on our skyline, like Cambria did. 

Since it’s not 50 stories it gets lost in the development pipeline, but this building will do a lot to extend the Sobro skyline 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nashville_bound said:

The Drury is a perfect example of why I LOVE all the activity happening in Nashville.  With so many building in the pipeline - rumored, planned, started, in progress, wrapping up - I am always pleasantly surprised with the progress made with these projects while I am obsessing over Broadwest or 2nd Ave. Partners/Four Seasons. It is looking good.

This building marks a minor milestone in the growth of Nashville - it will block my view of the KVB bridge.

11 minutes ago, Mr_Bond said:

This building marks a minor milestone in the growth of Nashville - it will block my view of the KVB bridge.

You’re in Encore? Underrated building. They really put a lot of effort in street activation. 

5 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

You’re in Encore? Underrated building. They really put a lot of effort in street activation. 

I'm in Terrazzo.  I can see about 2/3rds of the bridge now but every new floor of this building blocks a little more color from my night.

• Like 2

Up tp 10th floor.

Looking NW from intersection of KVB and 3rd Ave. South:

Drury Plaza, Oct 7, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking SW from 3rd Ave. South, 1/2 block north of KVB:

Drury Plaza, Oct 7, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking east along KVB from intersection with 4th Ave. South:

Drury Plaza, Oct 7, 2018, 3.jpg

• Like 4

That pic with the Hampton is so annoying.

It's now going to be engulfed in a canyon of high rises, taking up space that can be used for a much more ambitious structure.

• Like 2