markhollin

Drury Plaza Hotel, 21 stories, 390 rooms, NW corner of KVB & 3rd Ave. South - UC

On 10/28/2018 at 12:41 PM, nashvylle said:

With 10 more floors to go, this hotel will be pretty imposing from this angle.

Agreed! This is going to be a lot taller than I imaged, and more imposing than the renderings suggested. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

My view of the KVB bridge from Terrazzo is now blocked.  Moving to a higher floor will not help.  

You really should protest or something.  You and that lady in 1212 need to form a new group called "No View / No Peace" :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, chris holman said:

It's amazing how much faster the endeavor building is rising and this started before that building

I agree, but the garage portion of this building took forever to build.

• Like 1

So far, I'm impressed that Drury would build something like this. It seems out of their comfort zone. Just look at what they tried to build in Kansas City. Hopefully the final product looks better than the renderings, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, chriss752 said:

So far, I'm impressed that Drury would build something like this. It seems out of their comfort zone. Just look at what they tried to build in Kansas City. Hopefully the final product looks better than the renderings, but I'm not keeping my hopes up.

Agree it seems like a significant step up for Drury.     Being a fellow St Louisan, you've no doubt seen their hotels all over there.    With the exception of the 3 downtown properties (Union Station, Convention Center and the Arch) where Drury renovated magnificent old buildings, most of their hotels are squarely in the Hampton Inn variety.      I haven't seen the KC hotel.    

Is Drury PLAZA their premium badge?  Except for one in Detroit on I-75 at Big Beaver about 25 years ago, I've never stayed at a Drury. The one at Cool Springs looks very nice, but still suburban.

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Is Drury PLAZA their premium badge?  Except for one in Detroit on I-75 at Big Beaver about 25 years ago, I've never stayed at a Drury. The one at Cool Springs looks very nice, but still suburban.

Yes.

• Like 2