Jump to content

markhollin

Drury Plaza Hotel, 21 stories, 390 rooms, NW corner of KVB & 3rd Ave. South - UC

Recommended Posts


The Drury brand as a whole is just blah (even their logo looks dated), so I guess the building is on-brand for them. Regardless, I agree that it is good infill.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, VSRJ said:

The Drury brand as a whole is just blah (even their logo looks dated), so I guess the building is on-brand for them. Regardless, I agree that it is good infill.

I agree that's it's good infill. Gray is often a safe choice in that it hides dirt pretty well. The Drury chain seems to do little (if any) advertising. I guess they don't need it. In looking it up, its essentially a 46 year old chain.

Edited by Nash_12South

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

I agree that's it's good infill. Gray is often a safe choice in that it hides dirt pretty well. The Drury chain seems to do little (if any) advertising. I guess they don't need it. In looking it up, its essentially a 46 year old chain.

From a friend who always stays at Drury Inns...I think their "niche" may be that they allow (and welcome) pets...even large dogs.  There are a lot of people who travel with their pets and always look for these hotels.  Plus...I think maybe they offer a big breakfast every morning and some type of meal is included in the early evening?  (not sure about that...but seems that's right, if I remember correctly)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, titanhog said:

From a friend who always stays at Drury Inns...I think their "niche" may be that they allow (and welcome) pets...even large dogs.  There are a lot of people who travel with their pets and always look for these hotels.  Plus...I think maybe they offer a big breakfast every morning and some type of meal is included in the early evening?  (not sure about that...but seems that's right, if I remember correctly)

Each evening they have the 5:30 kickback that is free for guest.  Usually salads, appetizers and a taco or hamburger bar.  They have other things for kids as well like hot dogs.  They don't have a true bar, but you get two drink tickets per adult for a beer or limited liquor choice.  (a lot of people not drinking usually are handing out their tickets as well, which is good because you can't buy drinks) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Melrose said:

most obtrusive and traffic clogging street closure in Nashville construction project history

They've certainly had plenty of competition for that honor.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Light gray finish on bulk of upper portion nearing completion.

Looking north from intersection of 3rd Ave. South and KVB:
 

Drury Plaza, Sept 8, 2019, 1.jpg


Looking east along KVB, 1/2 block east of 5th Ave. South:

Drury Plaza, Sept 8, 2019, 2.jpg


Looking south along 3rd Ae. South from intersection with Molloy St:

Drury Plaza, Sept 8, 2019, 3.jpg


Looking west from intersection of KVB and 2nd Ave. South:

Drury Plaza, Sept 8, 2019, 4.jpg


Looking NW from intersection of Peabody and Hermitage Ave:

Drury Plaza, Sept 8, 2019, 5.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2019 at 7:00 AM, markhollin said:

Light gray finish on bulk of upper portion nearing completion.

Looking north from intersection of 3rd Ave. South and KVB:
 

Drury Plaza, Sept 8, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking NW from intersection of Peabody and Hermitage Ave:

Drury Plaza, Sept 8, 2019, 5.jpg

Image result for thats it gif

Wow..... If that is indeed the finished skin, that will be eligible for most boring expensive facade in Downtown.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.