Drury Plaza Hotel, 22 stories, 390 rooms, NW corner of KVB & 3rd Ave. South

markhollin

We will probably know more after the MDHA meeting this morning. A lot depends how the meeting goes and the developers will be more willing to talk.

BTW, the rendering is similar to what we saw at one of the forum meets several months  ago. It was more of a massing rendering, but still somewhat similar and about the same height.

• Like 2

Multiple wins!  Activates another corner. Requires the demolition of a flat, nondescript building at that prominent corner.  It also blocks the view of that p.o.$. Hyatt from that corner (The Hyatt is just an eyesore whose exterior finish/color even screams "C-H-E-A-P!").  And the design is not unattractive. Looks to be nearly as tall as the 25-story Omni. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Multiple wins!  Activates another corner. Requires the demolition of a flat, nondescript building at that prominent corner.  It also blocks the view of that p.o.$. Hyatt from that corner (The Hyatt is just an eyesore whose exterior finish/color even screams "C-H-E-A-P!").  And the design is not unattractive. Looks to be nearly as tall as the 25-story Omni. 

This is probably what I am the most excited about.

I like it, it'll be a good addition to the area. Any new hotels are welcome. I just did a Hotwire search for this weekend and anything downtown or on West End that is 3 star or higher is $250+. There is money to be made in the hotel business. 

On a side note, I have to get the image of mid range Interstate exit hotel in the Midwest out of my head when thinking of the Drury brand. We always stayed at one while visiting family outside of St. Louis when I was a kid and that has stuck. They need to revamp their logo or something.

On 8/16/2016 at 0:08 PM, MLBrumby said:

MDHA Deferred = "Doesn't fit MDHA guidelines for design", "Go back to the architect,  make it shorter and ugly....completely displeasing to the eyes. Only then will we pass next month with this recommendation met"  

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

From today's Nashville Post regarding MDHA deferring on approval for the Drury Plaza Hotel:

"The deferral on the Drury Inn project vote comes only three weeks after the committee deferred voting on its site plan and design.

"At the time, the committee said more details are needed related to the building’s garage and Third Avenue elevation. Today, the committee said Nashville-based developer Ragland Corp. and architect Gresham Smith and Partners need to work with the planning department staff on various details.

"The hotel building would offer an address of 315 Third Ave. S. Ragland Corp. owns the property, having acquired the one-acre site in 2004 for $1.175 million."

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...