Drury Plaza Hotel, 22 stories, 390 rooms, NW corner of KVB & 3rd Ave. South

markhollin

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, VSRJ said:

The Drury brand as a whole is just blah (even their logo looks dated), so I guess the building is on-brand for them. Regardless, I agree that it is good infill.

I agree that's it's good infill. Gray is often a safe choice in that it hides dirt pretty well. The Drury chain seems to do little (if any) advertising. I guess they don't need it. In looking it up, its essentially a 46 year old chain.

Edited by Nash_12South

31 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

I agree that's it's good infill. Gray is often a safe choice in that it hides dirt pretty well. The Drury chain seems to do little (if any) advertising. I guess they don't need it. In looking it up, its essentially a 46 year old chain.

From a friend who always stays at Drury Inns...I think their "niche" may be that they allow (and welcome) pets...even large dogs.  There are a lot of people who travel with their pets and always look for these hotels.  Plus...I think maybe they offer a big breakfast every morning and some type of meal is included in the early evening?  (not sure about that...but seems that's right, if I remember correctly)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

From a friend who always stays at Drury Inns...I think their "niche" may be that they allow (and welcome) pets...even large dogs.  There are a lot of people who travel with their pets and always look for these hotels.  Plus...I think maybe they offer a big breakfast every morning and some type of meal is included in the early evening?  (not sure about that...but seems that's right, if I remember correctly)

Each evening they have the 5:30 kickback that is free for guest.  Usually salads, appetizers and a taco or hamburger bar.  They have other things for kids as well like hot dogs.  They don't have a true bar, but you get two drink tickets per adult for a beer or limited liquor choice.  (a lot of people not drinking usually are handing out their tickets as well, which is good because you can't buy drinks) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...