Drury Plaza Hotel, 22 stories, 390 rooms, NW corner of KVB & 3rd Ave. South

markhollin

On 11/4/2019 at 4:08 PM, DeemonBruhn said:

Truly a tragic finish palette.

Yup. I feel like 99% of this design is great and it was on track to be one of the surprisingly more tasteful new additions. Then they effed it all up at the very end by botching the color and their god awful font/sign. Oh well, it's still way better than the Westin.

Edited by AronG
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Agreed 1,000%! I was talking to one of the team members of the design team and they were mentioning that they did not have a ton of wiggle room on the finish palette. Because this is Drury's finish truly urban location they ended up sticking to their older finish palette that they have used (i know they use brick on some locations), but the finish was really client driven unfortunately. The finished parking garage is supposed to be unique due to site constraints though (even thought I hate parking garages lol)

Edited by Bos2Nash
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wew this building is the ugliest, cheapest, homer-car tier greek tragedy I've ever seen. And I see it all day everyday from my corner unit at The SoBro.

I could write a 40 point blog post on particular aspects of why it's so terrible. But I've given enough breath to this monstrosity as is.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2019 at 9:09 AM, downtownresident said:

I will be so happy to get the rest of third and the sidewalk back. 

I said this exact thing as I drove into the office this morning. This site and the Joseph site (granted we do have the temporary sidewalk at the Joseph.

Give it a year or two though and the parking lot in front of Maragritaville will be developed and we will lose that portion for another year lol

27 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

I said this exact thing as I drove into the office this morning. This site and the Joseph site (granted we do have the temporary sidewalk at the Joseph.

Give it a year or two though and the parking lot in front of Maragritaville will be developed and we will lose that portion for another year lol

Hopefully the city will make them put the temporary sidewalk in front of that one when it gets developed. The Drury had a temp sidewalk fronting KVB for most of the project. 

• Like 2