Former Comfort Inn Suites site (11 stories, 126 rooms), 207-217 14th Ave. North

markhollin

On Jan. 29, 2021 the 1.27 acre site at 207-217 14th Ave. North has been auctioned off for $10.2 million to an unknown bidder. Previous owners paid $1.6 million for the land in 2015. 

The additonal half acre lot at 216-224 15th Ave North which borders the site above to the west also was auctioned for for an unknown price to an a mystery entity.  A separate hotel had been planned there previously as well.

Here is the previous info from initial plans for a Comfort Inn on the site:

Probable March, 2017 groundbreaking for this 11-story, 126-room, $21 million project 1/2 block north of Church Street on 14th Avenue North (frontage road along the west side of I-40 innerbelt). The Comfort Inn will encompass street addresses of 207, 215, and 217 14th Ave. North.  The site is currently a non-descript 1-story warehouse and a parking lot, and sits immediately to the north of Hustler Hollywood. Project is being developed by Neil and Sanjay Patel. David Carter & Assoc. will oversee architecture and planning.

Additionally, the Patels are also planning another extended-stay hotel (approximately 100 rooms) for a half-acre lot immediately to the west on the same block with addresses of  218, 220, 222 and 224 15th Ave. North.  No renderings or cost on this second project as of yet.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/08/17/comfort-suites-another-hotel-planned-midtown/88900006/

Comfort Inn render 1, Church street, Aug. 2016.jpg

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 7.13.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-18 at 4.30.31 PM.png

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

DejaVu is on the opposite side of the interstate and on Demonbreun Street. Not even close to Hustler Hollywood and this new hotel. Although this Comfort Suites rendering is "nothing to write home about," it IS (or appears to be) built up to the street and with a parking structure, not surface parking. It is an urban style hotel design...admittedly an UGLY design, but NOT suburban!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

DejaVu is on the opposite side of the interstate and on Demonbreun Street. Not even close to Hustler Hollywood and this new hotel. Although this Comfort Suites rendering is "nothing to write home about," it IS (or appears to be) built up to the street and with a parking structure, not surface parking. It is an urban style hotel design...admittedly an UGLY design, but NOT suburban!

Deja Vu has sold their building and is moving next to Hustler Hollywood (or has plans to move there).

8 hours ago, titanhog said:

Deja Vu has sold their building and is moving next to Hustler Hollywood (or has plans to move there).

Though, Metro council was making some noise about an ordinance to prevent this.  http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/08/08/deja-vu-pays-3m-church-street-property/88418362/

• Like 1

Not much metro can do since the sale was finalized under the existing zoning... can not pass any retro zoning to undo the outcome.

At least that was my understanding at the time.

Edited by Guest

This city should not continue to waste sessions of protocol procedures, in woefully futile attempts of moral "cleansing" as a means for forced remaking of the social entertainment landscape of the central urban core.  It's like trying to wash dirt and still expect it to be fertile in other ways (for lack of a better term).  While I long have had my "fill" of such arguably "tasteless" fulfillment (or "tasteful" as others may deem it), "eons" in the past, this subject of zoning-restriction, particularly with respect to Déja-Vu, is one ground where I really believe in "Separate but Equal".  The plain truth is, such venues do not have to be "seedy" and undignified, despite the connotation and  perception of depravity.

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 4

While I don't think there should bee very many.  Honestly, I feel like they are the perfect example of supply and demand.  

But I do take  a Libertarian stance on them,  You are free to not like them and not go to them.  But don't stop me from going to them if I choose to.   Or if I don't choose to.  It's none of your business nor mine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volsfanwill said:

While I don't think there should bee very many.  Honestly, I feel like they are the perfect example of supply and demand.  

But I do take  a Libertarian stance on them,  You are free to not like them and not go to them.  But don't stop me from going to them if I choose to.   Or if I don't choose to.  It's none of your business nor mine.

Is there some type of zoning to keep these type of businesses in certain sections of the city?