Former Comfort Inn Suites site (11 stories, 126 rooms), 207-217 14th Ave. North

markhollin

1 hour ago, titanhog said:

Is there some type of zoning to keep these type of businesses in certain sections of the city?

Yep. And it looks like they're trying to shrink that.

Again, I'm not suggesting that they be all over town...but if we're being honest, I'd rather have a strip club in the neighborhood rather than a check cashing service.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Shaking my head in amazement about how close that will be to The Hustler store.  Instant "red light" district?  

So is that crane visible just to the right of the HCA building the one being used to build Solis?  I was under the impression that building was set farther back from Charlotte and thus would be obscured from view by the HCA building in that photo.  Am I wrong? 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was about to post almost the same picture as I saw this yesterday. OK, the driller here is to not a core driller fro environmental sampling, but a rock driller, which indicates work is starting or about too. They may be using it for core drill, but I don't think so. We will know soon enough if I see a blasting permit issued.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Unsure if this goes here or in the CBD thread, but site of dead hotel proposal next to Hustler Hollywood up for sale at court mandated auction: 

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/01/06/midtown-parcels.html?ana=TRUEANTHEMFB_NA&csrc=6398&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR29DVWBb0yHCBAdpwSq3z3vkOn1KRsnGmwsZA-BEJ1BSxBP0OPUKMN-8rA

From @smeagolsfree development map: 

6702ADE6-8BCD-4B24-9BF4-B78AFE230466.thumb.jpeg.9bb1af82dcf376172eb9ab245558da03.jpeg

Edited by downtownresident
  • Thanks 1

I gave this to WW two weeks ago, but we didnt do the story till today and that is when the press release came out. We knew this hotel project was dead for a few years now.

There is also a Best Western I sent him that is included with this. We were going to run this anyway but the press release forced our hand.

One thing is certain, these sites will be have quite the bidding war at the auction from some savvy developers.  Absolutely prime spots.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21145321/midtown-hotel-project-nixed-as-land-offered-for-sale

Best Western, 14th AVe North, Jan 7, 2021, site map.png

• Like 4