Heritage Hill / Cherry Hill / Wealthy Street Updates

joeDowntown

After the "Open House", I learned that they are going for Michigan State Housing Affordable money. They plan to rent to subsidized housing people at the 40% to 60% pay bracket. 

They are planning on 14, 2 bedroom and 8, one bedroom units, varying between 600 to 900 square feet. They are also planning on an elevator, and some handicapped units.   They are planning on 19 parking spots, with no extra charge for them, with 9 or 10 in the basement, and bicycle parking. They are planning to be on the March 28th planning board meeting docket.

11 hours ago, Morris said:

After the "Open House", I learned that they are going for Michigan State Housing Affordable money. They plan to rent to subsidized housing people at the 40% to 60% pay bracket. 

They are planning on 14, 2 bedroom and 8, one bedroom units, varying between 600 to 900 square feet. They are also planning on an elevator, and some handicapped units.   They are planning on 19 parking spots, with no extra charge for them, with 9 or 10 in the basement, and bicycle parking. They are planning to be on the March 28th planning board meeting docket.

Sounds like they have a plan.

19 hours ago, Morris said:

Well, that explains how they are going to squeeze the parking in, although it's still a little tight.  They have a plan, but its going to come down to implementation with HPC and planning.  It's also important to note that MSHDA credits and income limits are a far cry from the dedicated Section 8 housing across the street.  It would be nice if they do some market rate in there too.  A mix is generally a good thing to have.

Edited by x99
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

I always thought renovations like this were not allowed to happen in Heritage Hill?  I checked their website and this house in on the corner of Madison and Pleasant--pleasant being the southernmost boundary of the historic district. I vaguely remember a friend in college whose dad lived on Wealthy and had to fight to replace the brick arch on his back gate.

Beautiful renovation though!

PXL_20210101_215404602.MP.jpg

PXL_20210101_215413013.jpg

1 hour ago, grandrollerz said:

I always thought renovations like this were not allowed to happen in Heritage Hill?  I checked their website and this house in on the corner of Madison and Pleasant--pleasant being the southernmost boundary of the historic district. I vaguely remember a friend in college whose dad lived on Wealthy and had to fight to replace the brick arch on his back gate.

Beautiful renovation though!

I don't think they would allow a renovation like that.  This is a new build on a formerly vacant lot.   Lucky to have the beautiful park right across the street!

• 2 years later...

Not sure where to post this, but thought this was the best thread.

https://www.crainsgrandrapids.com/news/real-estate/grand-rapids-heritage-hill-home-tour-includes-7-residences-3-historic-buildings/

It's a summary of the 2023 Heritage Hill Home Tour coming up this weekend. Tickets are available for purchase even on the days of the events. They'll have food trucks as well, new this year.