Norfolk Gateway (It’s Complicated)

tallguy81"

1 hour ago, vdogg said:

I will be closely watching the design review docket. I doubt they will hit their original 2020 schedule, but 2021 seems doable.

Must be a pretty major tenant to anchor that building. Perhaps a replacement fortune 500 or a large shipping company.

58 minutes ago, vdogg said:

I'm honestly most excited about this one because it will have a stunning presence on the freeway coming from Portsmouth into Norfolk.

I agree. Will serve as a 21 century bookend to Harvey Lindsay's other great monument to HR urbanism: Dominion Tower.  

He seemed really excited about the tenant. This is what sealed the deal for the financing.  Can't wait for the announcement.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, vdogg said:

Do my eyes deceive me? Did we actually have a design change for the better for once? Wow!

Penn State World Campus? :huh:

Who ever did the rendering obviously graduated from PSU. 

And for context it was shared regarding comments about multi-modal transportation. There really were no major updates for anything that was announced last year. 

4 minutes ago, 23320 said:

Who ever did the rendering obviously graduated from PSU. 

And for context it was shared regarding comments about multi-modal transportation. There really were no major updates for anything that was announced last year. 

LOL. That's the wrap that the Tide has had for the last month or so.

Usually I'm lamenting how designs for Norfolk buildings would look better at twice the height.  Don't get me wrong, twice the height here would be great, but from this angle this is a good-looking 20-story building. I wonder how wide it is (north to south)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vdogg said:

Really disappointed we didn't hear about the tenant. I wonder what's up?

Email Jared Chalk. He is the man and lives down my block. We are not really that well acquainted, but he is the person who delivered the news I reported on several months ago. He is acting EDD. I'm guessing the tenant doesn't want their name out there quite yet.

Jared Chalk

Interim Economic Development Director

[email protected]

757-664-4338 

Sooo back on topic....

The interim EDD, Jared Chalk, emailed  me back and said that they are still working very hard on the major tenant and on additional re-design and construction pricing. No major updates or announcements  at this point, but the project is continuing to move forward. Very complicated deal he said.  By the way, the rendering that was released during the SOTC address was very hot off the presses. 

Edited by baobabs727
  • Like 1