tallguy81"

719 Ocean View

I found more projects 4 Norfolk one which looks to be a high rise 4 Ocean View if I'm not mistaken.  One project is a six-story building downtown.  The ocean view high rise is 15 stories and over 484000 sqft. with 140 units.  A boutique hotel looks to be planned for Virginia beach.  6 floors called Lesner Inn.  The high rise looks like it will be called 719 Ocean View.

58 minutes ago, tallguy81" said:

I found more projects 4 Norfolk one which looks to be a high rise 4 Ocean View if I'm not mistaken.  One project is a six-story building downtown.  The ocean view high rise is 15 stories and over 484000 sqft. with 140 units.  A boutique hotel looks to be planned for Virginia beach.  6 floors called Lesner Inn.  The high rise looks like it will be called 719 Ocean View.

can you post addresses or links to these? 

The 719 Ocean View project looks fantastic. A 15 story mixed use building with the first five floors being hotel and business meeting space. A restaurant, pool, and fitness center shared by the hotel and condos occupy the sixth floor. The parking deck will be mostly concealed by the LEED certified building. This will be located in front of the Royal Mace Apts. near the municipal golf course.

Screenshot_2016-08-31-22-33-58-1.png

Screenshot_2016-08-31-22-34-07-1.png

Screenshot_2016-08-31-22-34-04-1.png

Hopefully this leads to more mid/high-rise development in that area. That stretch of OV is turning out really nice; there's a new 7-11 at the corner of OV and Chesapeake Blvd. that is really impressive...at least by 7-11 standards! :lol:

They better slim that sucker down and add 15 more floors. Look at the size of that footprint :lol:. That could easily be a taller/slimmer building with a plaza or park. It would be a great amenity for OV with unparalleled views and will look quite nice from the freeway.

• Like 2

Yeah they have a air strip right off of 564 and they fly right over that area....I was going to say that might be too tall for the flight path...they could still build a urban building not as tall and fill the entire block up

This project was downsized alot because of the navy's new flight path safety guidelines ( new restrictions on what can be built in crash zones, which apparently is half of Norfolk) . The height was also reduced because the owners of Royal Mace Apartments complained that their views of their tenants would be blocked. The new renderings are very suburban/ safe and squished to one side of the property. The owner of Royal Mace Apartments doesn't even live here, she came all the way from Texas to speak on it. Just seems like its getting really hard to get anything built in Norfolk with the vocal minority raising concerns.

This is a really old early rendering, that I'm pretty sure got downsized to appartments

Edited by Si7i
  • Like 1

I would love to see a beautifully landscaped new ocean view amusement park on a few acres or so.  It would be great for the community and the younger crowd.  It would have been awesome to see a high-rise from the par 4 #1 tee box at Ocean View Golf Course.

That's a shame, this would've been a beautiful building. I'd love to see someone take this concept and put it over near Harbor Park.

I still think they could build a more urban layout on that plot of land...OV could be an awesome urban beach area...I would also like to see a smaller scale of the OV park put back in place....that would be so awesome

• Like 2

This development is now Pinewell Station. It was approved in February 25,2016 by the city planning commission. I've herd nothing about it since then. It could be possible that they revised for something entirely different (15 story tower) after showing their financiers that they could get approval. Its anyone's guess  

http://www.norfolk.gov/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/2054?fileID=5092 

pinewell.PNG