The Joseph Hotel, 21 stories, 232 ft., 297 rooms, 380-space garage, $140 million

markhollin

• 1 month later...

Progress continues to move forward, although slowly, for The Joseph.  Metro Water Services Department is requesting “an abandonment of easement rights of a former portion of KVB right-of-way” at the site, according to a Metro document. An April 26, Metro Planning Commission date is slated. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20995335/new-images-released-for-margaritaville-hotel

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Formal ground breaking is set for June 21. week. Pizzuti Companies closed the land purchase yesterday. Set to open in 2020. All financing for the $166 million development is secured thru Brevet Capital Mgt. and Centennial Bank. Contractor will be Brasfield & Gorrie.

Besides the 297 rooms, there will be 18,000 sq. ft. of meeting space, full service restaurant on main floor, and 21st floor (top floor) will feature spa, fitness center, indoor/outdoor bar and pool. Big focus on the arts incorporated into the hotel, and a possible live music component that would be in partnership with the symphony.

New rendering below.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/05/03/developer-buys-downtown-site-cements-financing-for.html

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 7.45.27 AM.png

Woo hoo! I guess I was right about them waiting for the other 2 hotels to finish.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, satalac said:

I WANT BILL BONER BACK IN OFFICE!!!!!!!

LOL! A friend of mine was Boner's head of PR & Communications - as his first real job in Nashville. Talk about walking into a no-win situation.... My friend survived the experience, barely. Some great stories, though. :rolleyes:

People's memories are replete with various filters - mine too. The old Nashville I remember was great for what it was, but dang - the new Nashville is so much more fun!! Entertainment, arts, sports, food....man, it's a world away from my childhood of the 60s and 70s. I love it!

Sorry for off topic.
:offtopic:

Edited by Flatrock
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Vrtigo said:

Yes! You can see the other new hotel on the right, complete with its "swoop" on the far right corner.

If I recall correctily, The Joseph was proposed before the Holiday Inn and Marriott Tri-Brand, so those hotels weren't included in their previous renderings. 

Edited by urbanplanet17

• 1 month later...