The Joseph Hotel, 21 stories, 232 ft., 297 rooms, 380-space garage, $140 million

markhollin

2 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

It would have been nice for them to have been forced to provide some minimal retail space. If they're asking for tax breaks, negotiate. Only overpriced restaurants?

A Walgreens/CVS could do well in this area.

With thousands of hotel rooms filled with tourists, a Walgreens/CVS is bound to show up.  That whole area across KVB from MCC is about to explode with life.  Wonder when the city will put the finishing touches on how to make MCC more connected with pedestrian traffic on the side that faces KVB.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

With thousands of hotel rooms filled with tourists, a Walgreens/CVS is bound to show up.  That whole area across KVB from MCC is about to explode with life.  Wonder when the city will put the finishing touches on how to make MCC more connected with pedestrian traffic on the side that faces KVB.

When I was there for the eclipse, I realized I left my deodorant. So instead of having to through the trouble of getting my car from valet and driving several miles out of downtown to find the nearest CVS, I ended up paying a ridiculous price at the convenience store on Church and 3rd for it.

But a CVS/Walgreens within walking distance would have been really nice at the time.

Edited by urbanplanet17

9 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

What I wouldn't give to have an urban Target in downtown Nashville...

Anyway, I've caught myself using the "eateries" word even though it does sound insufferably millennial.  But I figure doughnut shops and ice cream parlors aren't really restaurants, but they're places where I can get something [fattening] to eat.  So when I say something like "there are 15 eateries in such-and-such neighborhood" it means I'm including bakeries, coffee shops, food trucks, etc.

Something like this one in Brooklyn would be nice...

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 7.31.12 PM.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, urbanplanet17 said:

... at the convenience store on Church and 3rd for it.

But a CVS/Walgreens within walking distance would have been really nice at the time.

There is a Walgreens on 5th at the Arcade (between Church and Union) that has been there for many many many years, but it has limited hours 

• Like 2

Most tourist have no idea that is there. If you are not careful you will walk right past their door. Signage is bad and it is a very limited store. It was and is fine for what it is, but nothing to even warrant an honorable mention in  my book. 

There needs to be retail closer to the convention center and lower Broad other than boot stores and bars. Hopefully there will be some other retail in the 5th + Broad site and maybe even more in the AEG project.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That footprint is surprisingly small. The renderings make the building look almost stocky, but at 21 floors, I expect this will look very dramatic with its angular edges. Still hoping the building will be a sleek gray and not white like the buildings around it. I think gray would also look great with the right lighting. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...