The Joseph Hotel, 21 stories, 232 ft., 297 rooms, 380-space garage, $140 million

markhollin

I know when this project was first announced it was going to be a five star hotel. Is that still the case? If so that will give us three 5 star hotels? 

The Hermitage, Four Seasons and The Joseph? Wonder how many cities in our country have three or more 5 star hotels

Edited by subkyle

I'm still waiting for the 3 story downtown Motel 6!!

Nashville is kind of like the Hollywood of Music. You would think Nashville would already have high end shopping/restaurants and multiple 5 star hotels. But we don't. And that is why many stars do not make Nashville their home and why we hear shopping stories from Atlanta 

5 hours ago, subkyle said:

I know when this project was first announced it was going to be a five star hotel. Is that still the case? If so that will give us three 5 star hotels? 

The Hermitage, Four Seasons and The Joseph? Wonder how many cities in our country have three or more 5 star hotels

I'm sure there are many, many cities with that many "five star hotels" if these days a "five star hotel" is merely any hotel that calls itself a "five star hotel" before they even exist.  That seems to be a trend these days, but the term "five star hotel" is an actual rating given upon review to a select few properties by the Mobil (now Forbes) Travel Guide.  Here is their official 2019 list of global four and five star dining and lodging properties: https://www.forbestravelguide.com/award-winners and as you can see, the only Nashville lodgings that have won a high rating are the Hutton Hotel which has a four star rating, and The Hermitage Hotel which does indeed have an official five star rating as you correctly stated, and it is one of a select few.  In any case, I'm not trying to come down on you @subkyle.  It's an easy thing to get tripped up by with all the false claims being made by properties all over.  And I'm not saying The Joseph or Four Seasons or some other property won't make future lists.  I'm just making the point that this particular rating system is something used  by a specific travel guide company, and the ratings are given out only after they have reviewed an establishment, and not something the establishment determines on their own, despite all the claims to the contrary... self appointed "Seven star" Burj al Arab I'm looking at you!  lol

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 3

Thanks for the link bnabreaker! I’m well aware that there is an actual service that rates hotels and gives them a certain amount of stars. Im assuming that the two new hotels will follow through with creating all the necessary amenities to achieve a five star rating. I guess my point is that a city of our size (Potentially) having 3 5-star hotels would be somewhat rare. 

• Like 1

Marriott Edition. Only a few world wide right now. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21077680/north-gulch-hotel-to-be-luxury-marriott-brand

Marriott offers an Edition portfolio of nine operational hotels and 15 under development. Open hotels are located in London, New York (Madison Avenue and Times Square), Miami Beach, Sanya, Bodrum, Barcelona, Shanghai, and Abu Dhabi. In addition to Nashville, work is underway for the hotel West Hollywood, Tokyo (in Toranomon and Ginza), Rome, Reykjavik, Dubai, Rivera Maya, Doha, Las Vegas, Milan, Madrid, Tampa, Singapore, and Kuala Lumpur.

Many of the hotels are five-star designated

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 10:26 PM, BnaBreaker said:

Burj al Arab I'm looking at you!  lol

In all fairness, if there was going to be a 7-star hotel, Burj al Arab would be a top contender for that distinction.

Nashville needs a 7-star hotel setting on an artificial island in the Cumberland named "Burj al Demonbreun".

• Haha 4

What Nashville needs is a 30 story art deco Maxwell House back on 4th and Church with an old school neon sign (in blue of course) that said "Maxwell House" on top and Nashville will have its signature hotel back where it belongs! 

Maxwell House coffee is a worldwide brand (a friend of mine grew up with it in Australia) and it's ridiculous to have the current hotel next to Metrocenter.

Some may think the Opryland Hotel is now Nashville's signature hotel but the Maxwell House long predates it. By relocating back to its original spot this will bring even more visitors to downtown and help with the revitalization efforts underway on 4th and 5th Avenues, the Arcade and Printers Alley.

• Like 4