GRLaker

Suburban Projects

135 posts in this topic

Is that putting it between toys r us and crispy Kreme?

3 hours ago, jdkacz said:

Is that putting it between toys r us and crispy Kreme?

South of Krispy Kreme, west of toys R us (northeast corner of 28th and e. Beltline). Looking at the drawing, there is a second building closer to the intersection, correct?

joe

12 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

South of Krispy Kreme, west of toys R us (northeast corner of 28th and e. Beltline). Looking at the drawing, there is a second building closer to the intersection, correct?

joe

I think that's just a landscaped island. 

Posted (edited)

19 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I tried it at Cedar Point, the only place I've been near one. What do people like so much about it? 

It is the feeling that it is more healthy, its not, its 75% fried food.  It is an outlier, chicken sandwiches are always second fiddle on a menu, not the focus.  But have you had the sweet tea, Oh the Sweat Tea.  The other reason is that they cater well to children and give parents the feeling they are giving kids more of a healthy choice. (chicken nuggets)  Plus they always have an indoor play land. Walk into and CFA and you will see 4 parents deep into their smart phones while the kids scream and play in the play land.

Edited by EastownLeo
1 person likes this

20 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I tried it at Cedar Point, the only place I've been near one. What do people like so much about it? 

Their intensely conservative, right chicken wings??

http://www.businessinsider.com/sears-failing-stores-closing-edward-lampert-bankruptcy-chances-2017-1

Really interesting expose on Sears' CEO and how he is running that company into the ground.  I didn't even make it to the end of the article, and it is very illuminating.  Here's hoping that the shareholder suit bears some fruit and they can find somebody who takes their fiduciary duty seriously to try and save the company.

As for Chick-Fil-A, i have only had it a few times, but I have found their food to just be better quality chicken meals than other fast-food joints.  And, except for the occasional Taco or Roast Beef, I almost always prefer chicken to any other offering when I eat fast food (seldom when I am not on the road).

3 hours ago, discgrab21 said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/sears-failing-stores-closing-edward-lampert-bankruptcy-chances-2017-1

Really interesting expose on Sears' CEO and how he is running that company into the ground.  I didn't even make it to the end of the article, and it is very illuminating.  Here's hoping that the shareholder suit bears some fruit and they can find somebody who takes their fiduciary duty seriously to try and save the company.

As for Chick-Fil-A, i have only had it a few times, but I have found their food to just be better quality chicken meals than other fast-food joints.  And, except for the occasional Taco or Roast Beef, I almost always prefer chicken to any other offering when I eat fast food (seldom when I am not on the road).

Saw this article too. 

http://evonomics.com/the-ceo-of-sears/

4 hours ago, EastownLeo said:

It is the feeling that it is more healthy, its not, its 75% fried food.  It is an outlier, chicken sandwiches are always second fiddle on a menu, not the focus.  But have you had the sweet tea, Oh the Sweat Tea.  The other reason is that they cater well to children and give parents the feeling they are giving kids more of a healthy choice. (chicken nuggets)  Plus they always have an indoor play land. Walk into and CFA and you will see 4 parents deep into their smart phones while the kids scream and play in the play land.

I used to take my kids to the playlands at Woodland, McDonalds, CEC, etc.. They are so nasty. 

I think people feel the same way about Panera, that it's more healthy and "fresh." I don't know that it is. 

3 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

Their intensely conservative, right chicken wings??

LOL, right wing chickens? right chicken wings? :)  I've heard they don't even serve the left side of the chicken, just throw them out in the dumpster out back. 

2 people like this

On 1/9/2017 at 1:56 PM, GRDadof3 said:

LOL, right wing chickens? right chicken wings? :)  I've heard they don't even serve the left side of the chicken, just throw them out in the dumpster out back. 

Holy crap, that is funny!  My wife and kids are obsessed with Chick Fil A.  Me...Meh

1 person likes this