Suburban Projects

GRLaker

CFA is our go to fast food place when we go to FL for a few weeks in late Feb. The daughter is healthy eating conscious (I call her my "food police" LOL) and CFA meets her approval. Typically the parking lots are full and the drive thru's have a big line up at lunch time. We always go in and are not in a hurry so I have time to observe the traffic levels inside and out. The seating is usually quite full. They station employees out in the drive up line before the normal ordering speaker to speed up the ordering. My guess is they expect that volume of business with only 3 in town. 

15 minutes ago, Raildude's dad said:

CFA is our go to fast food place when we go to FL for a few weeks in late Feb. The daughter is healthy eating conscious (I call her my "food police" LOL) and CFA meets her approval. Typically the parking lots are full and the drive thru's have a big line up at lunch time. We always go in and are not in a hurry so I have time to observe the traffic levels inside and out. The seating is usually quite full. They station employees out in the drive up line before the normal ordering speaker to speed up the ordering. My guess is they expect that volume of business with only 3 in town. 

I tried it at Cedar Point, the only place I've been near one. What do people like so much about it? 

19 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

I tried it at Cedar Point, the only place I've been near one. What do people like so much about it? 

It is the feeling that it is more healthy, its not, its 75% fried food.  It is an outlier, chicken sandwiches are always second fiddle on a menu, not the focus.  But have you had the sweet tea, Oh the Sweat Tea.  The other reason is that they cater well to children and give parents the feeling they are giving kids more of a healthy choice. (chicken nuggets)  Plus they always have an indoor play land. Walk into and CFA and you will see 4 parents deep into their smart phones while the kids scream and play in the play land.

Edited by EastownLeo
  • Like 1

http://www.businessinsider.com/sears-failing-stores-closing-edward-lampert-bankruptcy-chances-2017-1

Really interesting expose on Sears' CEO and how he is running that company into the ground.  I didn't even make it to the end of the article, and it is very illuminating.  Here's hoping that the shareholder suit bears some fruit and they can find somebody who takes their fiduciary duty seriously to try and save the company.

As for Chick-Fil-A, i have only had it a few times, but I have found their food to just be better quality chicken meals than other fast-food joints.  And, except for the occasional Taco or Roast Beef, I almost always prefer chicken to any other offering when I eat fast food (seldom when I am not on the road).

3 hours ago, discgrab21 said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/sears-failing-stores-closing-edward-lampert-bankruptcy-chances-2017-1

Really interesting expose on Sears' CEO and how he is running that company into the ground.  I didn't even make it to the end of the article, and it is very illuminating.  Here's hoping that the shareholder suit bears some fruit and they can find somebody who takes their fiduciary duty seriously to try and save the company.

As for Chick-Fil-A, i have only had it a few times, but I have found their food to just be better quality chicken meals than other fast-food joints.  And, except for the occasional Taco or Roast Beef, I almost always prefer chicken to any other offering when I eat fast food (seldom when I am not on the road).

Saw this article too. 

http://evonomics.com/the-ceo-of-sears/

4 hours ago, EastownLeo said:

It is the feeling that it is more healthy, its not, its 75% fried food.  It is an outlier, chicken sandwiches are always second fiddle on a menu, not the focus.  But have you had the sweet tea, Oh the Sweat Tea.  The other reason is that they cater well to children and give parents the feeling they are giving kids more of a healthy choice. (chicken nuggets)  Plus they always have an indoor play land. Walk into and CFA and you will see 4 parents deep into their smart phones while the kids scream and play in the play land.

I used to take my kids to the playlands at Woodland, McDonalds, CEC, etc.. They are so nasty. 

I think people feel the same way about Panera, that it's more healthy and "fresh." I don't know that it is. 

3 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

Their intensely conservative, right chicken wings??

LOL, right wing chickens? right chicken wings? :)  I've heard they don't even serve the left side of the chicken, just throw them out in the dumpster out back. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, wingbert said:

In other suburban news, at the old Forest Hills Inn there's earth moving equipment and lots of digging and such going on.

IMG_1411.JPG

It's a crazy amount of digging. I don't know what they are doing but it almost looks like they're digging a moat around the building. Same owner as the Grandville Castle? LOL. 

Joe

54 minutes ago, HavingAhoot said:

Good God I'm salivating at the thought of getting a shake shack in the area. Even if I had to drive to the woodland mall. REI would be nice too but you can see where my priorities are. 

Me too! I just finished the Serious Eats podcast where Danny Meyer talks about how Shake Shack came to be. Cool story, worth a listen. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I saw on the city's permit list that they're adding at least 4 new buildings to Dewberry Place, that's North of Leonard and West of I-96 (sits right next to the highway).

Aspen Lakes Apartments is also adding more buildings at the very back of their complex, off of Knapp near Ball.