Suburban Projects

GRLaker

I visited Rivertown a couple weeks ago and was surprised by the number of vacancies in the Macy's half of the mall, especially on the second floor. Not as bad as Woodland was before Barnes & Noble went in, but a noticeable change from, say, last fall. The former Gap space, which was briefly some sort of Forever 21 outlet, is empty again. That's a large prime spot right by the food court and theater.

All that said (and I personally prefer Woodland), I don't think Rivertown is in any danger, not when it has a better anchor lineup and more foot traffic than Woodland... at least, as long as Sears hasn't gone under yet.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Visser Construction has pulled permits for two of the "strip" buildings in the Village at Knapp's Crossing project. Will be interesting to see who they've finally landed as tenants. 

Anything less than Cheesecake Factory will be a disappointment. ;)

18 minutes ago, GRLaker said:

Anything less than Cheesecake Factory will be a disappointment. ;)

They have a new siteplan on the site. Nothing spectacular (though I guess there's a need):

Xfinity

Bar Louie

Kay Jeweler's

Orange Theory

Chow Hound

Milan (Anyone know what this is?)

Neurocore

Neurocore and Xfinity are already in the neighborhood so there's a bit of tenant shuffling going on. 

Joe

knapp.PNG

8 hours ago, joeDowntown said:

They have a new siteplan on the site. Nothing spectacular (though I guess there's a need):

Xfinity

Bar Louie

Kay Jeweler's

Orange Theory

Chow Hound

Milan (Anyone know what this is?)

Neurocore

Neurocore and Xfinity are already in the neighborhood so there's a bit of tenant shuffling going on. 

Joe

knapp.PNG

Wow, that's exciting. :)

They were out excavating today. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2017 at 2:54 PM, mpchicago said:

GGP is doing some minor refreshments.  They are updating the color schemes, specifically the mauve truss work on the interior, fresh paint on the entrances, and new signage.  No major work, and should be done by the holidays.

Was in Rivertown this weekend for the first time in years and it did look a TON better. Getting rid of a lot of the kitschy murals and doing more trendy colors and canopies helped a lot. I only noticed one vacancy in the Macy's wing. 

On 9/20/2017 at 2:45 PM, keeselbmag said:

That's an Aldi, I'm pretty sure...

Looks like they're aggressively expanding.  They just opened a new, much larger than typical one in front of Walmart/Home Depot on 54th.   Also a new Discount Tire at the railroad tracks.  Crazy traffic.  

Anyone been through Ada lately? It looks like they are tearing down a somewhat significant portion of the east side of the Amway complex (I used to do contract work for them, and I believe this used to be where the fitness facility and a bunch of conference rooms were located. But it's hard to get a gauge on exactly where you are at when you are inside the building). Anyone know what's going on? 

It's seriously like Sim City in Ada. Tear down X, put up Y, Excavate Z. There are so many buildings moving around, etc. It's quite fascinating to watch. I went to pump gas a couple of weeks ago and most of the pumps were shut down. Thought it was odd, then found out they were ripping down the gas station the next day (the one on Fulton, not the one in the middle of town).

Joe

21 minutes ago, joeDowntown said:

Anyone been through Ada lately? It looks like they are tearing down a somewhat significant portion of the east side of the Amway complex (I used to do contract work for them, and I believe this used to be where the fitness facility and a bunch of conference rooms were located. But it's hard to get a gauge on exactly where you are at when you are inside the building). Anyone know what's going on? 

It's seriously like Sim City in Ada. Tear down X, put up Y, Excavate Z. There are so many buildings moving around, etc. It's quite fascinating to watch. I went to pump gas a couple of weeks ago and most of the pumps were shut down. Thought it was odd, then found out they were ripping down the gas station the next day (the one on Fulton, not the one in the middle of town).

Joe

Yes they are rebuilding that gas station and the McDonalds that was in the little strip mall will be located inside that gas station with a Drive-Thru.

Just now, MJLO said:

Yes they are rebuilding that gas station and the McDonalds that was in the little strip mall will be located inside that gas station with a Drive-Thru.

Yeah, I heard it's a combo McDonald's / gas station. I also noticed they are digging into the hill behind it (all the way to the street behind it). I hope its not going to be a giant retaining wall with a bunch of dumpsters behind it.

There is also a housing development going in behind the dam. Some of those houses will have cool views (especially in the Spring when the water is high).

Joe

First Companies continues to go gangbusters on the SE corner of Burton and East Paris. 

https://mibiz.com/item/25204-first-companies-plans-more-medical-office-space-in-se-grand-rapids

I think I saw some site work going on across the street on the SW corner. Anyone know what's going on? That side of the street has been pretty... hum drum. 

56 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

First Companies continues to go gangbusters on the SE corner of Burton and East Paris. 

https://mibiz.com/item/25204-first-companies-plans-more-medical-office-space-in-se-grand-rapids

I think I saw some site work going on across the street on the SW corner. Anyone know what's going on? That side of the street has been pretty... hum drum. 

The church is adding on... snore.