The Bobby Hotel, remodel of Wells Fargo Plaza, 9 stories, 144 rooms, complete

markhollin

• 1 month later...

12 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

^ How many barns gave their lives for this?   LOL     

But great reuse of a formerly bland and outdated building.  

so true on both counts. its former life as the wells fargo building is now just a fading memory.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, markhollin said:

After our Urban Planet Nashville Meet-Up last Saturday, some of us walked over to the newly opened Bobby for a tour.  Here are pics from the first few floors.  Tomorrow I'll post some from upper levels, including the wonderful rooftop bar featuring a tour bus lounge.  

Cool pics! Man, I'm thinking I need to grab a couple of friends, pick one new downtown hotel bar/month and splurge on some legit cocktails - whilst soaking up the ambiance. Can't wait!!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flatrock said:

Cool pics! Man, I'm thinking I need to grab a couple of friends, pick one new downtown hotel bar/month and splurge on some legit cocktails - whilst soaking up the ambiance. Can't wait!!!

It actually would be a pretty cool pub crawl, to just go to the new boutique hotel bars downtown. All of them seem to have pretty awesome bars. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

It actually would be a pretty cool pub crawl, to just go to the new boutique hotel bars downtown. All of them seem to have pretty awesome bars. 

Exactly. I feel so fortunate to have these wonderful places in town, but now I need to actually patronize them!! Any interest in a UP boutique hotel bar crawl once/month or once/quarter? Anyone? Only needs 2 people.....
:tw_smile:

• Like 4

17 hours ago, markhollin said:

After our Urban Planet Nashville Meet-Up last Saturday, some of us walked over to the newly opened Bobby for a tour.  Here are pics from the first few floors.  Tomorrow I'll post some from upper levels, including the wonderful rooftop bar featuring a tour bus lounge.  

Bobby Hotel, May 5, 2018, first floor, 2.jpg

Bobby Hotel, May 5, 2018, first floor, 8.jpg

Wow.   I'm totally floored by this place.  It's all stylish and stuff!

• Like 4

Just now, CenterHill said:

whoa      i was about to ask what function the bus serves.       now i see.      love that! 

It’s Phase 1 of the Bobby Hotel’s mass transit system. Phase 2 is LRT across the 5th floor. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I went downtown on a Tuesday to get a look at several of the new roof top bars including the new hotels and a couple of Broadway clubs.   I have to say I was most impressed with The Bobby, it was more spacious and the bus was actually pretty cool.  I liked the Noelle but was closed for a private party and it was difficult to find  the elevator to the roof, almost hidden.  It looked nice but was much smaller and looked cramped.  Both of the new "celebrity" bars downtown were also well done, Blake Sheltons Ole Red seems more high end but was also closed for a private party so couldn' really get a feel but the overall place looked really nice.  The FGL House just off Broadway was also well done and had lots of room.  All were very crowded on a fairly hot Tuesday around 5:30 pm, but that is now the norm downtown.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...