Can someone map out what the pie-in-the-sky light rail extension to this facility in Ft. Mill from 485 would look like? Just trying to envision how it would have to go through Pineville. 

EDIT: Ok, never mind I found it in the CATS thread. Thanks Scribe!

Edited by HopHead

2 hours ago, pgsinger said:

But in this case, "full season" means from OTAs in Spring to the last game in the winter, so ~9 months.  Many PS players are undrafted free agents or high round (4th - 7th) draft picks.  They usually get a signing bonus , and those have a wide range $0.00 to 7 figures.  I would venture that most are in the $80k range (unless you were a busted 4th round pick).

NFL min is $7200 per week they are on PS.  

1 minute ago, RaleighHeelsfan said:

If the panthers ever move out of uptown and especially to SC...i will never pull for them again. In fact...i would hate the Panthers more than any team. Bet many feel the same.

I don't think many people would care if they move the stadium somewhere else in Charlotte. But I know a lot of North Carolinians would be hugely upset if they moved to SC.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

^^Dude.  That is dumb. SC is like 10 miles from the current stadium.  If you stop pulling for the Panthers because their stadium moves 10 miles you're not a fan anyway.   I would be very very disappointed if they moved out of Uptown, but saying you would hate the team seems like a bit much.  That said, I don't think the stadium leaves Uptown.  My guess is Tepper gets incentives from SC for practice facility and headquarters, and incentives from NC for a stadium upgrade or new stadium.  That would be my goal if I were Tepper.

Sorry u disagree with me. But YES...i would never pull for them again! My opinion is always dumb here

Edited by RaleighHeelsfan
  • Like 4

Y'all are being ridiculous. The stadium isn't moving to SC. There is a better chance of the Panthers winning the Super Bowl this year than that. If it did I wouldn't really care too much.

I live in Atlanta and when the Braves moved to Cobb county, many long term Atlantans were frustrated, but as soon as they won a playoff game, people forgot to care.

I used to work for the Falcons, many players live in team provided housing for the Falcons in Flowery Branch during camp. During the regular season they just drive up there. 35 Miles in Atlanta is a fairly routine commute. Many of the players live in Gwinnett County, effectively half way between Flowery Branch and Mercedes Benz stadium.

Edited by CarolinaDaydreamin
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Does the office location and training facility other than the immediate area mean that much?   No one is calling the Dallas Cowboys the Frisco Cowboys LOL

I believe the office location determines where the team pays its corporate taxes and the training facility location exerts some influence over where the players pay their income taxes.

Edited by kermit

Just now, kermit said:

I believe the office location determines where the team pays its corporate taxes and the training facility location exerts some influence over where the players pay their income taxes.

Maybe for corporate taxes but there is a agreement between NC and SC and it depends of residence.  NC has lower corporate taxes and lower personal income tax rates than SC.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kermit said:

As a fan, the office location doesn't matter to me at all. I couldn't care less to which state the team or players pays thier taxes to. 

Also, as a fan of the want the stadium in uptown because it is great up the community and is a centralized location and I love going to games in that location. 

As an individual and NC taxpayer I'd like the team/players taxes to go to NC, because it's easy money for the state to help improve itself. 

Also, as an individual I don't like, no I hate, no I loathe the fact that states can "buy" corporate relocations with incentives. I personally believe this should not be allowed and states should attract businesses on their native tax and corporate laws and not incentives. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

I disagree. Charlotte needs the Panthers uptown.   The panthers don’t have “Charlotte” in the name- which already hurts national recognition of the city. When you watch the intown games they show beautiful shots of uptown which at least help national recognition. Plus- having the stadium uptown brings lots of people into the middle of the city. If the stadium were to move to fort mill, all those fans coming in from SC wouldn’t even cross the state line- causing all the money from hotels, shopping, etc to stay in York County- a county that already heavily benefits just by being close to Charlotte. Would be a horrible move. 

I mean I want the team to be in Charlotte. I'm saying don't get bent out of shape over something that is clearly not going to happen.

I will answer your question.

Would you switch banks because your bank has some mortgage processors in Fort Mill instead of Uptown? Do you avoid Sealed Air products because they spun off a division that is now in SC? I doubt it. Disclaiming your allegiance to the professional football team that represents our entire region comes across as disingenuous.

I want them to stay in Uptown as much as anyone. I live two miles from the stadium and love the vibe the sports venues add to Uptown.

I also highly doubt the stadium leaves NC, I was just making the point that as a fan of the panthers, I am still going to support them as long as they represent the Charlotte region. This is not equivalent to the Hornets going to New Orleans.

As far as the urban enthusiasts comment, MetLife Stadium is about the same distance from Manhattan as Uptown is from SC, so while I absolutely love the stadium being Uptown, and believe it should stay there, I am not going to claim it is vital for preserving the urban environment. In fact, for 95% of the year the stadium drives very little foot traffic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...