4 hours ago, j-man said:

So what about concerts? A domed stadium would also be good for that too.

Pretty sure the reasoning for the lack of concerts is because they don’t want the field getting damaged, which is why Beyoncé chose Raleigh over Charlotte for her NC tour date for example 

8 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

FYI, the 32 NFL teams play in eight covered stadia, retractable or fixed. Five of those eight are in facilities that replaced previous covered stadia from decades ago (if one includes the Astrodome for the Houston Oilers). One team has moved from a covered stadium to an open, Seattle. There appears to be no movement from open to closed stadia in the NFL.

Will be 10 teams when the new LA stadium opens and 11 teams when the Raiders move to Vegas.

12 hours ago, j-man said:

What's comfortable about that tho.....and most likely a SuperBowl would not want to ever pic the city that has no dome, tho it has before. But it is rare. 

Miami, Tampa, New York,  Jacksonville have all hosted Super Bowls in the 21st century. 

2 hours ago, TheOneRJ said:

Pretty sure the reasoning for the lack of concerts is because they don’t want the field getting damaged, which is why Beyoncé chose Raleigh over Charlotte for her NC tour date for example 

That was 2016. Not really anything to do with the field. More like Jerry Richardson didn't want Beyonce to play lol. I think Tepper is more flexible and eager to host multiple events.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

That was 2016. Not really anything to do with the field. More like Jerry Richardson didn't want Beyonce to play lol. I think Tepper is more flexible and eager to host multiple events.

I certainly hope so. I rarely go to big events like that,  but I love that particular energy and buzz (noise) major concerts can create.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheOneRJ said:

yeah I figured that. People don't know just how much a sold out concert of that magnitude could help the local economy but yeah the field is important too. If that was the actual reason. "allegedly" lol 

Edited by j-man

If we do a roof I would prefer that it be entirely retractable and open most of the time or mostly glass to give it an outdoor feel like what they did in Minnesota.  It would be a shame to hide the skyline views seen well from the south and west sides of the upper deck. Dark domes are dull and seem to have gone the way of the past for the most part.  I suspect that Tepper is influenced by the project at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami to some extent since he has ties there and it is the closet example we have for adding a covering to an already existing stadium. Also, I would like to see the current practice fields be put to use for entertainment purposes. Build a bridge over the train tracks to connect it to the new Gateway Station. Maybe include a theater and host the NFL Draft. If Nashville can host one this year, we can host one too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Missmylab4 said:

Still can’t believe a NDA is keeping everyone quite on this board. Someone needs to leak. Tepper got lucky he didn’t invite me. 

NDAs keep a lot of us quiet all the time. 

3 hours ago, King of the Queen City said:

Since they will be sharing a stadium with the Panthers they decided to to go with a cat theme and bring back our old friend Rufus Lynx out of retirement in China...

B13AB781-A52A-4577-912B-C02DF43CADB0.png

530CD8A0-D00E-41ED-91AE-B109F66C689F.jpeg

FC5BD198-5198-49E8-B06F-F025B4BA382A.jpeg

As awful as that would be, it still probably isn't as bad as "Real Carolina".  Real Salt Lake really is the dumbest name in sports.

All that said, it almost doesn't matter what the team name is, I will almost definitely get season tickets.

20 minutes ago, NYtoCLT said:

As awful as that would be, it still probably isn't as bad as "Real Carolina".  Real Salt Lake really is the dumbest name in sports.

All that said, it almost doesn't matter what the team name is, I will almost definitely get season tickets.

Real Charlotte makes sense though, considering it’s the Queen City. I like it.

On 2/5/2019 at 11:02 PM, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

I'd love to remove some of the upper deck and have a lower clear ceiling, similar to what most Premier league stadiums look like or the new LA stadium, so we can see that beautiful growing skyline. 

image.png.59c3e1d37f044a520ca08cea9b23dcad.png

Of all of the current NFL cities... Los Angeles is probably #1 on the list of cities with amazing weather that don't need a roof.

On 2/6/2019 at 6:13 PM, TheOneRJ said:

More likely that they also scheduled one in Columbia, so they can get 2 sold out stadiums in the Carolinas rather than 1. Just guessing though.

16 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Real Charlotte makes sense though, considering it’s the Queen City. I like it.

So, "Real" makes sense for places with hispanic roots. "Real" = Royal in Spanish, hence "Real Madrid." So for Charlotte, if we use that moniker, we should be Royal Charlotte FC (or whatever). That would actually make a ton of sense. Personally, I don't think using anything related to royalty is appropriate in America. I personally prefer something simple like Charlotte FC or FC Charlotte. Keep it simple, and for the love of God do not have an American style mascot-based team name. 

:offtopic:

• Like 3

44BF0607-2945-4B39-A177-713EE13ACEEB.jpeg.a83bb9f1f780a293581ef463b82f2258.jpegRufus Lynx was actually a cool cat, one of the few redeeming qualities of the Bobcats era. I would like to see him brought back as the NASCAR mascot since he seemed to be more interested in NASCAR anyway, haha.

The Bobcats thing was definitely a joke, but perhaps an MLS franchise should pick up one of the other names that were under consideration before Robert Johnson decided to name the team after himself:

AE4F368D-3C2B-4811-9189-4E3BFFFB74EC.jpeg.2924e46adc64a969e894c6dc5e98c605.jpeg16DE04EE-D004-47C8-A2D0-00FEA7DF3DD9.thumb.jpeg.7d217d19592c5aa46388d7642e627960.jpeg2B560AD1-CFBF-4EDC-BB5A-91F020F244CE.jpeg.d89f1836f1124e93ef10c3ec6ec747ed.jpeg

Or they could just stick with the Charlotte Independence name.  These were some cool concepts though.  I think “Flight” was the most popular among fans at the time, but I am glad that we ultimately got the Hornets name and history back. It made me sick seeing Hugo held hostage in New Orleans.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, dylansukkert said:

As someone who likes to collect ticket stubs I hate digital tickets. I also am one of those who buy tickets from scalpers out front and that will probably make it a little more difficult.

They’ve been moving in this direction (except for PSL owners) for the last few years anyway.  At first they printed out seat locators when you scanned your mobile ticket, but that was probably impractical and a waste of paper since you already had the exact same information on your phone. For now we still have Panthers Gameday magazines to keep as a souvenir, but I expect that the Panthers app will replace those too at some point. Like you, I like to have something to remember the game by, but taking pictures at the game and taking screenshots of my digital tickets will likely have to do going forward. At least moving away from physical tickets will help keep people from being sold fake tickets, but I wish we could get rid of the digital fees.

• Like 1