1 hour ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

I'm going to add to this thread instead of the other because this one is much more active and frankly, I started it, so...

I was at the Wheels Up event in Atlanta before the Super Bowl, while speaking with Kirk Herbstreit (who has a close mutual friend), Coach Rivera came up and started talking with both of us, exchanging pleasantries and College football. I asked him about his thoughts about a new stadium and MLS. He said a new stadium wasn't decided on for certain, but he was very sure that an MLS expansion team is a "done deal".

Translate....

8 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

^Humor me people but this MLS team being a "done deal", is this a "done deal" on the CLT side (ie we'll pursue it) or "done deal" with the league itself?

I have limited insider knowledge, but what I understand is that Charlotte was always part of the preferred mix of winners. It just didn't have a dedicated voice to champion the cause until Tepper came along. I think its a done deal with the league, its just up to Tepper to bridge the gap with the city/county.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

^Humor me people but this MLS team being a "done deal", is this a "done deal" on the CLT side (ie we'll pursue it) or "done deal" with the league itself?

I'm going to assume a little bit of both.  Tepper from all accounts since the get-go has talked about being interested in a MLS team.  Charlotte has already been on the league's radar for awhile, but with Tepper now involved has probably slingshot us to near the top.  Now, I think the question is more of a where will this Charlotte MLS team play (Renovated BOA, future dome, state of the art practice facility?) 

3 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I have limited insider knowledge, but what I understand is that Charlotte was always part of the preferred mix of winners. It just didn't have a dedicated voice to champion the cause until Tepper came along. I think its a done deal with the league, its just up to Tepper to bridge the gap with the city/county.

I used to work for the Falcons and i have contacts with Atlanta United who felt it was up to Charlotte to get a team if the stadium deal was approved. I think the city/county partnership surrounding Memorial Stadium screwed up that opportunity. Tepper would set up the city and franchise for success. I think the memorial Stadium site would have been the best option, but a shared stadium could be successful as well. Nashville getting a team could have hurt Charlotte's bid slightly.

My understanding was Tepper has always wanted an team, and MLS wants Charlotte as a market. The disconnect was surrounding a soccer specific stadium. From what I heard from Rivera, those issues have been assuaged and there could be an announcement of a team  in the coming months.

• Like 4

Strangely, that rendering makes me want to open a BofA checking account....to go along with the 16 others that WF has opened on my behalf.

That’s the point! Imagine flying over it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/4/2019 at 11:55 AM, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

MODERATORS @Neo @Spartan @dubone

CAN WE PLEASE AGGREGATE ALL PANTHERS DISCUSSIONS INTO A NEW THREAD CALLED "CAROLINA PANTHERS NEWS"

Maybe we won't have the same article shared in 4 different threads.

Done. I only found the three topics.  Let me know the thread I missed and I'll add it.

(The one in the Coffee House will stay there since its for non-development related stuff.)

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Not my best photoshop but it does its job 2a011b484c9cbc1716d2630607c4dfdd.jpg

This is a great rendering, good job on it... but I seriously hate domed stadiums. I sincerely hope we never do that to ourselves.

• Like 4

This is a great rendering, good job on it... but I seriously hate domed stadiums. I sincerely hope we never do that to ourselves.

Thanks and sooooo many thanks for the aggregating.

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

Agreed.  Football is meant to be played outdoors.  And the beer tastes better when it’s there to cool you down or warm you up.

• Like 2

Agreed.  Football is meant to be played outdoors.  And the beer tastes better when it’s there to cool you down or warm you up.

I enjoyed my beer getting colder in Cleveland.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.wcnc.com/mobile/video/sports/nfl/panthers/tepper-hints-at-possible-bank-of-america-stadium-roof/275-603be542-6d28-4357-befb-76bb73470b64

A good short news video on the possibility of adding a roof to BofA.  I believe it was an architect from HOK Sport who said it was certainly doable; perhaps it’s the same architect as the one in this video.

• Thanks 1