4 minutes ago, CTiger said:

Yes, very much so.  Some of the most memorable NFL and college football games I've ever been to have been in bad weather conditions.   I would favor a dome possibly if we were in Minnesota or Arizona, but our weather is almost always fine for football games.

What's comfortable about that tho.....and most likely a SuperBowl would not want to ever pic the city that has no dome, tho it has before. But it is rare. 

4 minutes ago, go_vertical said:

I applaud your passion on these forums, but you do realize there are other opinions than just yours right? 

Thank you! I do know that there are other options and opinions but I am stating mine, and asking questions but people seem to take these words soooo wrong? The tone of what I say is very light and conversational, but it's like I said something about somebody's dead pet.  but anyway

Edited by j-man

1 hour ago, CTiger said:

Yes, very much so.  Some of the most memorable NFL and college football games I've ever been to have been in bad weather conditions.   I would favor a dome possibly if we were in Minnesota or Arizona, but our weather is almost always fine for football games.

Panthers Colts 2015 monday night game in the pouring rain comes to mind. One of the more memorable games I have attended.

I understand wanting a dome but I agree with everyone on playing outdoors.  Nothing better than mid-October Panthers game when its 60 degrees and sunny. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CLT2014 said:

I'd personally prefer Charlotte not host the Super Bowl than have a dome. I just don't think closing off the connection to the city and atmosphere of outdoor football is worth it to be able to host the Super Bowl one time. As soon as we get our one turn to host with our expensive dome, the NFL will return to the warmer climates they bounce around to: Miami, Tampa, Houston, Phoenix, Los Angeles (my guess is they'll become a regular now), New Orleans, etc... rinse and repeat (and then add a token Super Bowl to any team anywhere in the country that spends billions to upgrade their stadium and return to the warm cities afterwards). 

Don't forget Vegas.  That will easily become the NFL's, as well as every other sport's, new go-to.  Its a stadium inside a carnival town with legalized gambling.  A complete windfall for everyone involved (except the consumer).   That is part of the reason I am iffy on a new stadium to host a superbowl.  How many would we even get before the stadium is obsolete?  One, two?  There is a ton of competition for these events now, and we'd be foolish to think that they will just land in our lap with a new domed stadium.

I think the NFL and all of these other leagues look for more than just a roof to play under when picking a site.  They likely look at the total entertainment package, and Charlotte still has a lot of work to do in this regard to catch up to some of our peers.   We could possibly get some other events, but we would have to out-do what they just built in Atlanta to compete for many of them.   

• Like 4

3 hours ago, j-man said:

What's comfortable about that tho.....and most likely a SuperBowl would not want to ever pic the city that has no dome, tho it has before. But it is rare. 

It was 65 in Atlanta this past weekend with no chance of rain and they kept the roof closed except for the flyover. NFL is a bunch of corporate bums and babies. Roof should have been open.

Tepper is getting a roof or retractable roofed stadium one way or another.

• Like 1

FYI, the 32 NFL teams play in eight covered stadia, retractable or fixed. Five of those eight are in facilities that replaced previous covered stadia from decades ago (if one includes the Astrodome for the Houston Oilers). One team has moved from a covered stadium to an open, Seattle. There appears to be no movement from open to closed stadia in the NFL.

• Like 2

For football I agree an outdoor venue is ideal. Our Fall and Winter months are fairly forgiving. But summer soccer goames at B of A are freaking miserable for fans. I don’t remember being at any sporting event  as hot or uncomfortable as that stadium watching a game in the middle of July. The MLS season runs all through the summer...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sakami said:

The MLS season runs all through the summer...

Night games at BB&T aren't too bad. You do definitely need some shade at day games in July and August however. I think the depth of the bowl at BoA stadium blocks summer breezes and there is a bunch more exposed concrete soaking up heat all day long.

Edited by kermit

1 hour ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

It was 65 in Atlanta this past weekend with no chance of rain and they kept the roof closed except for the flyover. NFL is a bunch of corporate bums and babies. Roof should have been open.

Tepper is getting a roof or retractable roofed stadium one way or another.

see I agree beause the weather across the south in general was fantastic as of lately