1 hour ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

If the Team HQ and planned practice facilities move to S.C. (which I believe now is done deal even though I’d rather see it at Eastland, Wilkinson or River District) - how do you guys think this will affect Teppers intentions to pursue an MLS Team?  If successful do you think that would also be branded as a Carolinas Team?

Maybe slightly more likely but still very unlikely. I don't think MLS would want to limit the chances of having a second NC team (specifically Raleigh), and they tend to focus on the main urban areas of cities versus the surrounding areas. The success of Atlanta United, Seattle Sounders, Portland Timbers and this season FC Cincinnati, is tied to a cohesive unity of the city, not state or states. 

It seems like Sacramento and St. Louis are next on their expansion list, but expect 2 more cities on the expansion list in a couple years. 

11 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Woah nice! So where is (was?) the little cottage home that was just beyond center field?

10 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Was Tara (little cottage home) still standing? Or was Tara (little cottage home) also gone with the wind which had swept through Georgia (South Carolina)? Gone with the wind.

I didn’t see any sign of it. Not sure what its fate was. The old Hornets practice facility is still around and is being used by a church.

6 hours ago, Blakcatfan said:

Panthers eyeing SC site along I-77 for expansion, Rock Hill mayor says

Just me, or does the referenced plot of land seem way too small?

I think the plot isn't totally at the location of that description. 

34.9558305, -80.9842978

Interestingly there is a train line bordering that plot that goes right to downtown pineville. 

7 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

34.9558305, -80.9842978

Interestingly there is a train line bordering that plot that goes right to downtown pineville. 

Not only downtown Pineville....about 20' from the current Blue line tracks.  Wow.   Location wise, I can see why Rock Hill would be throwing everything they can at this. 

15 hours ago, Blakcatfan said:

Panthers eyeing SC site along I-77 for expansion, Rock Hill mayor says

Just me, or does the referenced plot of land seem way too small?

8 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

34.9558305, -80.9842978

Really this is just terrible reporting. Hard to believe someone would write an article about a location, and not include a map.

The practice bubble looks a little more permanent than I was expecting. I think it is going to stay for a while and will be useful for other events at the stadium. The addition of parking beside the bubble could also open up more space around the stadium for fans, and once the permanent practice facility is constructed I wonder if we could add a West gate entrance to the stadium to help with the crowds getting in and out of games.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I took the BOA Stadium Enhancement survey, which consisted mainly about a potential construction of a "Party Deck" in the upper level.  What would you pay for an all inclusive ticket.  What options would you like (food + soft drinks or food + alcohol).  Would you buy season tickets to the party deck.  How many would you buy.  Rendering was small and looked pretty cool, but was up near the scoreboard I think...so it's up there (would have killer skyline views though. 

18 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I do usually don't  post the same story twice but I will for this one as it might affect any future Panthers stadium plans

Charlotte Pipe and Foundry is looking to move either to SC or another regional county in NC   This is the mother of all great stadium and redevelopment sites! this could be YUGE! 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/04/11/nc-legislators-are-working-on-154m-incentive.html?

I know this is jobs moving out of Charlotte, but this will be a big win for the City of Charlotte to have this out of the urban core.

3 hours ago, jjwilli said:

I know this is jobs moving out of Charlotte, but this will be a big win for the City of Charlotte to have this out of the urban core.

As long as it stays in region I'm happy too.  I have long heard interested in Stanly county. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

I do usually don't  post the same story twice but I will for this one as it might affect any future Panthers stadium plans

Charlotte Pipe and Foundry is looking to move either to SC or another regional county in NC   This is the mother of all great stadium and redevelopment sites! this could be YUGE! 

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2019/04/11/nc-legislators-are-working-on-154m-incentive.html?

I really appreciate that this went into the Panthers facility thread ;-)