3 hours ago, HopHead said:

I've gone back and forth on this plenty myself, but I'm #TeamKeepCurrentStadium too. There are plenty of ways to enhance the current stadium, so I hope that's what they actually do. I'm still more of a fan of the Miami Dolphins (Hard Rock Stadium) style renovation personally where most of the seating is covered similar to the European soccer stadiums.. For all the glitz and glamour of a new retractable roof or domed stadium, a lot of those end up being pretty soulless. When the Panthers are playing well, BofA stadium is rocking. I think you would lose a lot of that with a new stadium that would have a much larger footprint and price out a large number of the long time fans for more of a wine and cheese atmosphere. As far as the Super Bowl goes, the biggest issue has always been the lack of hotel rooms. Getting a glitzy new stadium won't solve that. It seems like the Panthers are doing their due diligence though which is good. 

I was thinking of the Dolphins stadium as well.  It is a great guide for renovations at  BofA.

I am not opposed to spending  some public money for the stadium.  But, I am not sure a dome is worth the $1.5 - 2b that it would cost to see a final four once a decade and maybe one Super Bowl.   And, I am not sure we won’t get a Super Bowl in a renovated stadium.  

The survey that I completed this week telegraphed the direct of improvements.  And, they will make the stadium more up to date, especially if you are willing to pay more for seats.  I am also excited to see the potential for MLS.  Long term, I think that will help CLT.

• Like 2

This is the sort of problem you never hear about in Charlotte (spoiler alert: its because all of our arena’s are uptown)

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article229335659.html

(1,000 fans missed the puck drop at the first Hurricanes playoff game in a decade due to traffic and a lack of parking at PNC Arena)

Edited by kermit

8 hours ago, kermit said:

This is the sort of problem you never hear about in Charlotte (spoiler alert: its because all of our arena’s are uptown)

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article229335659.html

(1,000 fans missed the puck drop at the first Hurricanes playoff game in a decade due to traffic and a lack of parking at PNC Arena)

That and they aren't used to what playoff traffic creates and how early you need to leave.  It's been awhile for those fans (playoffs).  Good win for the Canes though. 

As OTA's picked up recently at the Panther's stadium, has anyone walked by The Bubble lately to see if it's gone vertical yet? 

15 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

As OTA's picked up recently at the Panther's stadium, has anyone walked by The Bubble lately to see if it's gone vertical yet?

Not yet.  Still doing site work.

Edited by CTiger

9 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

That and they aren't used to what playoff traffic creates and how early you need to leave.  It's been awhile for those fans (playoffs).  Good win for the Canes though. 

I went to an NCSU basketball game at PNC and it took me 1hr55min to park once in sight of the arena. Absoultely shambolic operation they run. You would think some civil engineering students at NC State would figure it out for them as a project... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, atlrvr said:

https://www.wfae.org/post/fools-gold-sc-senator-explains-legislative-stall-bill-incentivize-panthers-move#stream/0

Long read but interesting....the cliff notes version is the senator blocking the bill will stop blocking it in 1-2 weeks and let simple majority decide.

He actually has a point. The numbers that the SCDOC came up with are totally bonkers... 

• Like 2

The web link I sent shows how it would connect to the Manchester park in rock hill.  That is a good move to link those together.  
Maybe they can join this site somehow to the Carolina thread trail system.  

Oh nice I hadn’t seen that version thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

So this looks to be a done deal?  I guess North Carolina isn’t going to submit a competing bid to land the Team HQ and associated facilities 

NC can't really offer incentives for a business that is here already (that isn't offering to significantly expand its employment).

Thant would seriously open the floodgates.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blakcatfan said:

I view this as a good thing.  Tepper has stated many times he wants a presence in both states.  As long as the Practice facility and HQ are in SC, then the stadium (current and future) and all of it's future events will remain in NC.  

Agreed, move HQ and practice to Fort Mill, renovate stadium in Uptown. With the space from the practice fields, a new high rise/ stadium district could possibly emerge. 

• Like 1