42 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

Like Jerry Jones doing blow off with strippers?   Kraft getting rub and tug from sex slaves?  Wilf committing civil fraud?  Irsay DUI and drug addiction?  Ross tax fraud?  

But you don't like Tepper because he has a newlywed trophy wife that he likes to fondle and sounds like a dick?  Weird flex but OK. 

This is what's wrong with so many people. You seem to think that as long as you can find something worse, it makes something wrong ok. I can dislike whomever I choose based on whatever standards I have. Mine are clearly higher than yours. That's ok from this end....sorta sucks from the other I expect.

42 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

When I met Tepp in London he seemed fine.

He seemed drunk to me, but I know that passes as ok for most.

“Screw  that city” in reference to Atlanta. I like that he’s not politically correct and he says what’s on his mind. He’s a complete 180 from Richardson. He’s the Mark Cuban of the NFL.  From an operations standpoint and on-field success...that’s TBD for me. We’re in full rebuild ladies and gents. With Greg leaving, almost for sure tells me bye bye Cam as well. New coaching staff, new QB/players. Regardless of your views on him, this is Teps ship now and time will tell how he is as an owner/decision making.

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
Happy Friday, yes

6 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

“Screw  that city” in reference to Atlanta. I like that he’s not politically correct and he says what’s on his mind. He’s a complete 180 from Richardson. He’s the Mark Cuban of the NFL.  From an operations standpoint and on-field success...that’s TBD for me. We’re in full rebuild ladies and gents. With Greg leaving, almost for sure tells me bye bye Cam as well. New coaching staff, new QB/players. Regardless of your views on him, this is Teps ship now and time will tell how he is as an owner/decision making.

I really hope we find success under his ownership. As a PSL owner, I'm committed to going to the games, but I do want a quality product on the field.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jednc said:

This is what's wrong with so many people. You seem to think that as long as you can find something worse, it makes something wrong ok. I can dislike whomever I choose based on whatever standards I have. Mine are clearly higher than yours. That's ok from this end....sorta sucks from the other I expect.

Boy I’ll bet you’re fun 

• Like 3

On 1/31/2020 at 2:30 PM, jednc said:

Mine are clearly higher than yours. 

Do we have to talk to each other like this over the owner of one of our sportsball teams?  For any reason, really, but it's just some guy none of us really know doing stuff with our few-months-a-year sports. 

• Like 3

On 2/1/2020 at 12:14 AM, kickazzz2000 said:

Boy I’ll bet you’re fun 

I am. I just don't have to be drunk to have fun or be fun. There's something missing if one does.

On 2/1/2020 at 10:43 PM, HighRiseHillbilly said:

Do we have to talk to each other like this over the owner of one of our sportsball teams?  For any reason, really, but it's just some guy none of us really know doing stuff with our few-months-a-year sports. 

I was content to let me original comment stand. There was nothing in it directed toward anyone on here, it was me simply sharing my opinion of Tepper. I stand by that.

Edited by jednc
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jednc said:

I am. I just don't have to be drunk to have fun or be fun. There's something missing if one does.

I was content to let me original comment stand. There was nothing in it directed toward anyone on here, it was me simply sharing my opinion of Tepper. I stand by that.

Luckily, for all of us, David Tepper doesn't care what you think.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

They were here at Ericsson Stadium (BOA) October 10, 1997. 

Tickets were sold by phone and no matter how many times one called or how many friends called the lines were always busy. Ah, good times.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-rolling-stones/1997/ericsson-stadium-charlotte-nc-1bd689a4.html

I saw them here at now-Bojangles Coliseum in 19(mumbles as wipes mouth) with Stevie Wonder as opening act.

Also in high school in Indianapolis in (audience collapses from excessive eye roll injury)

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Do we know what the usage is per year for other Major Domed Stadiums (Newer) like in ATL, Glendale & Arlington, TX?  I’ll see if I can look it up. 

Atlanta just estimating 8 regular season Falcon games, 2 preseason.  Then 17 Atlanta United MLS matches

1 college football kick off game, 1 SEC championship, 1 Peach Bowl

So 30 annual events. 

The occasional Super Bowl, Final Four or College Football Playoff that may rotate through.  Then CONCACAF champions league, later stage US Open Cup and Campeones Cup matches if Atlanta United qualifies which they have the past 2 seasons will add extra events as well

Edited by SouthEndCLT811

14 hours ago, mpretori said:

Panthers Stadium open about 11 days this year instead of 10. That's a whopping 3% of the year!!! 

More than that. Panthers will have 10 games themselves. Then you have the following;

• Mexican Soccer game
  • Billy Joel
  • Garth Brooks
  • Beer Festival
  • Rolling Stones
  • Motley Crue/Def Leppard
  • Wake/Notre Dame
  • ACC Championship
  • College Bowl Game
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Jasons0013 said:

More than that. Panthers will have 10 games themselves. Then you have the following;

• Mexican Soccer game
  • Billy Joel
  • Garth Brooks
  • Beer Festival
  • Rolling Stones
  • Wake/Notre Dame
  • ACC Championship
  • College Bowl Game

and then tack on 17 MLS games next year, and I can guarantee Tepper isn't done booking.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Jasons0013 said:

• Mexican Soccer game
  • Billy Joel
  • Garth Brooks
  • Beer Festival
  • Rolling Stones
  • Wake/Notre Dame
  • ACC Championship
  • College Bowl Game

Apologies,  5.2% of the year LOL 

Edited by mpretori

1 minute ago, norm21499 said:

I don't know if they still do, but the stadium used to book private events. My high school used to have their prom at the stadium. More things may happen than meets the eye.

I think taxpayer money can be better spent IMO Teppers justification is completely insane especially when he bought the panthers in cash. He can afford it, he just doesn't wanna pony up and wants handouts from taxpayers. 

4 hours ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

Atlanta just estimating 8 regular season Falcon games, 2 preseason.  Then 17 Atlanta United MLS matches

1 college football kick off game, 1 SEC championship, 1 Peach Bowl

So 30 annual events. 

The occasional Super Bowl, Final Four or College Football Playoff that may rotate through.  Then CONCACAF champions league, later stage US Open Cup and Campeones Cup matches if Atlanta United qualifies which they have the past 2 seasons will add extra events as well

I saw supercross there as well. Wouldn't be surprised if they did monster trucks too.

• Like 1

I have been to an event a dinner there with the Charlotte Chamber years ago not a whole stadium events but Mr Tepper does want to increase programming and that is a great thing.   His model should be the Charlotte Motor Speedway which has 200 plus events per year. 

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mpretori said:

I think taxpayer money can be better spent IMO Teppers justification is completely insane especially when he bought the panthers in cash. He can afford it, he just doesn't wanna pony up and wants handouts from taxpayers. 

Whether it is providing incentives for Mercedes to build in Alabama or British Airways to provide flights into Charleston, I am not a fan.  But, that being said, you either pay to play or watch another city/town provide incentives.  Tepper has a ton of cash as does Mercedes, Boeing, BMW etc...But, they also control a valuable asset in the NFL or a plant that politicians love.  As a result, cities and towns pay.   I don’t love it, but I’m glad to see the region provide incentives because collectively, it works for Charlotte.  

• Like 1

On 1/30/2020 at 10:21 PM, cltbwimob said:

He apparently doesn’t want to build a whole lot of goodwill with the community.  Less than transparent negotiations with the city regarding MLS,  potentially asking for millions of dollars to renovate a stadium that he intends to abandon in the next decade for a new multi-billion dollar stadium for which he will ask for hundreds of millions-if not over a billion- from taxpayers.  Says he wants to build a winning organization yet presides over a mass exodus of star Panthers including Keuchly, Thomas Davis, Olsen, Rivera, and probably Cam Newton.  He hires unproven college coaches when there were multiple high profile NFL OCs and other coaches available.   

I really don’t know why people seem to like him so much.  I think we are about to go through some years with the Panthers that will, in some ways, be eerily reminiscent of the Hornets in the late 90s and early 00s under Shinn and Wooldridge.  I don’t think he’ll ever move the team out of the area but I think he will ultimately burn a ton of bridges here and he will create the type of apathy around the Panthers that plagues the Hornets to this day even though Shinn and Wooldridge are long gone.

I dunno.  There are a lot of ways to explain everything.  A lot of the mass exodus started when Hurney came back as GM.  He was criticized for being too loyal during his first stint, maybe he's done a 180.  Rivera is a great guy and a decent coach, but I think it became pretty evident that everything was falling apart (he didn't help himself by repeatedly stating that Cam was healthy when he clearly wasn't) and a change was needed.  Keuchly's retirement took everyone by surprise and probably solidified the decision to blow everything up and start over.

Time will tell I guess though.  Tepper didn't come in and clean house immediately, so I think we should see how everything turns out once it settles down.

• Like 2