Jump to content

Recommended Posts


12 hours ago, dylansukkert said:

I was looking at some over priced Rolling Stones tickets and noticed a cut out in section 122. Could this be another tunnel or for a new camera angle or something different?

8832ACB8-4C85-47B8-8010-C016699F1FB1.png

Actually this is the new field level suites. They are basically bunkers will a bar facing the field.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

I believe the bunkers are in the west end zone and identified by the missing seats section 139-104. He refers to the notch in 122.

wow. I really misread all of what he said haha. sorry bout that everybody!

Edited by Guest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, dylansukkert said:

I was looking at some over priced Rolling Stones tickets and noticed a cut out in section 122. Could this be another tunnel or for a new camera angle or something different?

8832ACB8-4C85-47B8-8010-C016699F1FB1.png

Trying to imagine if this has anything to do with MLS renovations. Don't think it would be a new soccer tunnel, as those usually come from the sideline at midfield. Generally I think there are cameras behind the goals but I don't know what kind of infrastructure those need.

Just as an aside, when it comes to MLS tickets sections 120-123 will likely be set aside for general admission supporters' section seats. Behind the endlines is usually where they go and since the new bunkers are on the other end, assume this is where the Mint City Collective and others will go with their flags and banners. There is sometimes a set of stairs from the field up to the first row of those sections but they're usually temporary and movable.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Trying to imagine if this has anything to do with MLS renovations. Don't think it would be a new soccer tunnel, as those usually come from the sideline at midfield. Generally I think there are cameras behind the goals but I don't know what kind of infrastructure those need.

Just as an aside, when it comes to MLS tickets sections 120-123 will likely be set aside for general admission supporters' section seats. Behind the endlines is usually where they go and since the new bunkers are on the other end, assume this is where the Mint City Collective and others will go with their flags and banners. There is sometimes a set of stairs from the field up to the first row of those sections but they're usually temporary and movable.

Good point about the supporters' section.  Any chance it's a platform for a supports' chant leader?  Are those usually permanent or temporary?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

In other stadium news, BofA will host Charlotte's biggest regular season college game ever in 2021. My DAWGS will play Clemson to start the season. The best traveling fanbase in the country will lead to more red than Orange in the stadium...

I wouldn’t be so sure about that last part ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

In other stadium news, BofA will host Charlotte's biggest regular season college game ever in 2021. My DAWGS will play Clemson to start the season. The best traveling fanbase in the country will lead to more red than Orange in the stadium...

 

40 minutes ago, Clemson16 said:

I wouldn’t be so sure about that last part ;)

the true winner will be the city of Charlotte and our hotels and restaurants I hope both teams bring all their fans.  Should be a great game! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


7 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

In other stadium news, BofA will host Charlotte's biggest regular season college game ever in 2021. My DAWGS will play Clemson to start the season. The best traveling fanbase in the country will lead to more red than Orange in the stadium...

Is this Tepper Sports doing or another organization putting this game together?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I could see Ally or Truist picking up the sponsorship. "Welcome to the Truist Financial Bowl live from Bank of America Stadium in uptown Charlotte, NC" must add NC since this would be a national TV game and no one knows what state Charlotte is in outside of the 704 area code. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^ that would be really cool...but...I can't see him spending 500+ million to add a roof to an old, too large stadium.    65-68k seats like Minneapolis / Miami is where it's at.  Actual butts in seats has been declining NFL wide for a while now and we really need to move to a smaller stadium and have it dual / triple purpose (NFL/MLS/Final 4). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

^^ that would be really cool...but...I can't see him spending 500+ million to add a roof to an old, too large stadium.    65-68k seats like Minneapolis / Miami is where it's at.  Actual butts in seats has been declining NFL wide for a while now and we really need to move to a smaller stadium and have it dual / triple purpose (NFL/MLS/Final 4). 

But the business case to build a 2+ billion stadium just to reduce seat count is insane. There are lots of ways to creatively reduce seats - adding more boxes, more experiential areas, etc. 

And because the stadium isn't even quite 25 years old, I really have trouble imagining the kind of improvements a brand-new stadium would have that would actually have a return on value.  The Georgia Dome had some fundamental limitations that I think made it's replacement a bit more of a value proposition

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The renovation to Hard Rock cost $435 million just to cover the seats (and was done 5 years ago).   So we are talking well north of half billion for a roof on a 25 year old building.  US Bank Stadium cost  a bit north of a billion.  Yes others have cost more.  

But think of it this way.  Tepper views EVERYTHING as a long term investment.  What is worth more 15 years from now:  a 10 year old dome or a 40 year old Frankenstein stadium?   

Not saying it doesn't happen, but to me, Tepper likes to build what he wants.  I doubt he actually "wants" a roof on BofA and that stupid sexual harasser statue out front.   If we had a "barely billionaire" owner I would think a roof would be the way they lean.  But Tepper is the richest in the league and appears ready to spend some of his amassed fortune (dude is already dishing out north of  3b with Panthers purchase, stadium renovation, MLS team, MLS facilities, NFL facilities) in the past two years. 

 

Edited by InSouthPark
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I doubt there are any actual plans for a roof to be added to the current stadium. He’s likely just throwing that out there to see how the public and the city respond to the impending financial assistance he will want for a new stadium, which will obviously happen within the next decade. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.