• 9 months later...

56 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

I’ll take my four seasons here any day over that over priced beach city.  Just an opinion lol. Don’t get me wrong Miami is fun, but couldn’t live there. 

That’s what my wife says, but  like Tepper, I favor 80 degree winters and beaches lined with coconut palms.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, tarhoosier said:

Las Vegas is already drawing on general tax reserves to pay for their new NFL Stadium. Designated tax sources are insufficient.

https://www.sportico.com/business/finance/2021/raiders-stadium-debt-payment-1234630474/

I mean it came from a hotel tax, which before the pandemic was 20% overfunded. This is a non-issue. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Stadium negotiations have begun:

In a presentation given to the CRVA, the city showed that the debt capacity, or the amount the city could borrow, for the Convention Center Fund is roughly $250 million in 2027. That’s the year the Panther’s post-tether agreement with the city completely expires.

Estimating a relatively modest $1.5 billion project, using Tepper’s math of one-third would require taxpayers to contribute $500 million to the project, well beyond the current capacity of the Convention Center Fund.

https://www.wbtv.com/2021/07/22/records-show-charlotte-lacks-money-new-stadium/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Not Panthers but a drone video of the 91 acre Star mixed use development around the Dallas Cowboys training facility.  Which given the Panthers plan I'd assume serves at least as a starting model for the Rock Hill mixed use site on 240 acres.  I am glad the Panthers have more natural area seemingly weaved into the plans that we have seen

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1430522854907555841?s=20

1 hour ago, InSouthPark said:

Haven't seen some of those images before.... Looks like the stadium on the other side of the practice fields could be used for concerts?

• 1 month later...

So recent stadium trends (SoFi, Braves and now da Bears) suggest that new stadium development is increasingly about team-controlled mixed use development around the stadium, most of the time in suburban areas. Seems like Tepper might be teeing up a similar plan in Rock Hill?

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Went by the Star in Frisco TX the home of the Dallas Cowboys office and practice and training fields.  There is a Omni hotel and retail shops like Nike and team store and restaurants.  But even with median income in Frisco of $127,000 vs Rock Hill's $50,000 there were a lot of retail vacancies.  The restaurants seem to be doing great but I noticed many vacant storefronts.  The hotel probably does good as it less than 2 miles from Toyota American HQ and lots of other corporate offices in next door Plano.  And this is in the heart of some of the highest income suburbs in Dallas.  

Liked the walk of fame and noticed people coming just to see it so it is a tourist draw but not sure how much of the retail gets traction other than the team store and the restaurants.  They do have high school level games sometimes at their stadium there.  

Photos from last week.  My first visit here and I do Mr Tepper needs to be realistic in expectations for his Rock Hill project.  They have even had a tour $32 or so but I would never take that for the Cowboys and maybe only $15 or less for the Panthers and only once. 

IMG_2910.JPG

IMG_2911.JPG

IMG_2912.JPG

IMG_2913.JPG

IMG_2914.JPG

IMG_2915.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

IMG_2917.JPG

IMG_2918.JPG

IMG_2919.JPG

IMG_2920.JPG

IMG_2921.JPG

IMG_2922.JPG

IMG_2923.JPG

IMG_2925.JPG

IMG_2926.JPG

IMG_2927.JPG

IMG_2928.JPG

IMG_2929.JPG

IMG_2930.JPG

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3

Agree with the above. I would probably opt not to purchase new PSLs if it was moved outside the city. I understand wanting to control all aspects of the gameday experience (parking, pre game entertainment, post game entertainment, etc) but our current gameday environment is awesome and I don't think some mixed use development plopped down in rock hill could even get close.  Think moving it would burn a lot of bridges/turn a lot of people off and I hope Tepper is smarter than that. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, a2theb said:

Agree with the above. I would probably opt not to purchase new PSLs if it was moved outside the city. I understand wanting to control all aspects of the gameday experience (parking, pre game entertainment, post game entertainment, etc) but our current gameday environment is awesome and I don't think some mixed use development plopped down in rock hill could even get close.  Think moving it would burn a lot of bridges/turn a lot of people off and I hope Tepper is smarter than that. 

Tepper wants sports betting around the Stadium, and he isn't going to get that in SC. 

On 9/29/2021 at 9:39 AM, kermit said:

So recent stadium trends (SoFi, Braves and now da Bears) suggest that new stadium development is increasingly about team-controlled mixed use development around the stadium, most of the time in suburban areas. Seems like Tepper might be teeing up a similar plan in Rock Hill?

There is 0% chance this goes to SC. I know Tepper is making moves to have the HQ in SC and the stadium in uptown long term.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

There is 0% chance this goes to SC. I know Tepper is making moves to have the HQ in SC and the stadium in uptown long term.

I second this notion.  0% Chance of the Stadium moving.  Tepper made a smart play moving HQ to SC in order to win concessions from SC Legislature & overall cross border\SC enthusiam for the Two State Team.  Funding for a new stadium as well as Sports Betting best chances rest within NC.  Also - Uptown is the only place possible within both States to provide the best Game Day Experience.  What Tepper has done to garner funding assistance between the SC Legislature & City of Charlotte to further his business plan as well as inject vibrancy into the region has been absolutely masterful.  Future Charlotte FC  games & Major Concerts just add to everything.  

• Like 3

17 hours ago, CarolinaDaydreamin said:

I will confirm this. The NC/SC is more than just symbolic, its for tax incentive purposes. When you have two different places that'll provide you public funds, you utilize it. Not to mention Rock Hill does not have anywhere close the population density that places like Arlington, Foxborough, Inglewood, Santa Clara, et al. have. Around my PSLs I have people that come from Greensboro, Boone, High Point, Burlington, Durham, and Statesville, every game. I'm sure there are just as many from SC, the point is centrally located is where it will stay.

Edited by TheRealClayton
  • Like 4

On 10/1/2021 at 9:53 AM, InSouthPark said:

The Braves moved because they couldn't buy the land around the stadium from the city so they had nothing to additionally development.  

Thats not really true. I was working for the Falcons when we were negotiating with the state and city for what became Mercedes Benz Stadium and I know that the Mayor and City Council were FLOORED with the Braves surprise move. The Braves would have been up next in negotiation and control of MANY parking lots were to be part of that negotiation. The Braves moved bc Cobb county gave them an unheard of $430m+ AND their fan base was more north of the city, and it resulted in the Cobb county CEO to lose his job. Their stadium is also in an area with similar population to Charlotte itself, so it was more the Braves being able to move closer to their season ticket holders and a HUGE payday. SC can't offer both (and maybe either) as a part of a potential stadium package.

Edited by CarolinaDaydreamin
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...