4 hours ago, unctarheels said:

100% think Tepper realized, just combining new CFC facilities with new Panther facilities at the CLT Pipe and Foundry land just makes the most sense for his overall plan. 

None of the players want to drive to Rock Hill, and he doesn't want to have to go to two different locations to operate.

He will buy the CLT P&F land, and build a new stadium to house both teams, and put both of their training facilities there, with a lot of hotels, bars, and restaurants. 

I sure hope you’re right. I think it would be smart to concentrate all the energy of Panthers/FC in one spot. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

It would be if he is building an entertainment district around the complexes too. Hotels, apartments, retail, and office will all sell for a premium. For all we know, having all of that in a central area makes it even more desirable for the ACC to move its HQ and for other large scale conference events. 

The practice fields might even have enough seating for non-football/soccer sports to use. 

if done right it could be a sports event space.

But who knows if Tepper has the vision or Will to do it.

The original practice facility plans included one small stadium that was to be used for HS, small college footballs games, concerts, etc.  A 10-12k seat stadium would get a lot of use I think, even if just mid-sized concerts in the summer + HS football + maybe a JCS game or two if they have a big rival.  Memorial seems to be wildly underused.  I remember when I moved here in 98...Memorial was used almost every weekend for a HS game.  They had VCU vs Citadel game there.  Other events as well.  Besides the Untappd festival and Independence.has it been used for anything else the past year?

He could definitely build out a new stadium, practice facility, and entertainment district on Pipe and Foundry and current land, but man would it all take a while to build out.  Stadium would have to built first, or at least in conjunction with a practice facility. Then he could tear down the old stadium and current practice facility and build the entertainment district on the current 35 acres and whatever other land he could buy up. 

I would likely be a much costlier project but a higher ROI when comes time to sell.  But they need to get started on something, and soon.  I am hoping to retire in 13 years and would like to see a game in the new stadium before I move to Hawaii :-)

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, InSouthPark said:

The original practice facility plans included one small stadium that was to be used for HS, small college footballs games, concerts, etc.  A 10-12k seat stadium would get a lot of use I think, even if just mid-sized concerts in the summer + HS football + maybe a JCS game or two if they have a big rival.  Memorial seems to be wildly underused.  I remember when I moved here in 98...Memorial was used almost every weekend for a HS game.  They had VCU vs Citadel game there.  Other events as well.  Besides the Untappd festival and Independence.has it been used for anything else the past year?

He could definitely build out a new stadium, practice facility, and entertainment district on Pipe and Foundry and current land, but man would it all take a while to build out.  Stadium would have to built first, or at least in conjunction with a practice facility. Then he could tear down the old stadium and current practice facility and build the entertainment district on the current 35 acres and whatever other land he could buy up. 

I would likely be a much costlier project but a higher ROI when comes time to sell.  But they need to get started on something, and soon.  I am hoping to retire in 13 years and would like to see a game in the new stadium before I move to Hawaii :-)

Living the dream sir

100% think Tepper realized, just combining new CFC facilities with new Panther facilities at the CLT Pipe and Foundry land just makes the most sense for his overall plan. 
None of the players want to drive to Rock Hill, and he doesn't want to have to go to two different locations to operate.
He will buy the CLT P&F land, and build a new stadium to house both teams, and put both of their training facilities there, with a lot of hotels, bars, and restaurants. 

That’s what I’ve been saying… it should not have left Charlotte or really somewhere in uptown for that matter. Would be also a unique facility at the city’s center. Why be the Cowboys when we can do something much better. I’m sure if he did that even if the city has to fork up some public funds they could get something out of it all. The city doesn’t just hand over money without negotiating good terms in return. At least I hope CLTgov does. They’re working with developers constantly and trying to get a slice of the pie with better sidewalks and improvements infrastructure. The facility can fit with a more urban thought and can be just as effective.
  • Like 2

If he's purchasing the CLT P&F land, I think he's all in on a new stadium. BoA is 26 years old now, and you'd basically be saying you're gonna stay there another 25 years if they don't capitalize on the land at CLT P&F.

Not to mention, he already bought the "Marshalling Yard" over off of McNinch and Morehead, which is literally across the street from CLT P&F.

This has to be his play.

Edited by unctarheels
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, unctarheels said:

If he's purchasing the CLT P&F land, I think he's all in on a new stadium. BoA is 26 years old now, and you'd basically be saying you're gonna stay there another 25 years if they don't capitalize on the land at CLT P&F.

Not to mention, he already bought the "Marshalling Yard" over off of McNinch and Morehead, which is literally across the street from CLT P&F.

This has to be his play.

Come to think of it, when he bought that land, didn’t the Rock Hill issues come up like a week later?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

Don't forget Tepper said they are studying the feasibility of long-term remodeling effort for the current stadium. I still think it is possible that current stadium is upfitted.  If Tepper still wants to purchase Pipe & Foundry and get an ROI (I am sure it will be expensive),  then building both HQs, training facilities, and an adjacent entertainment district there makes a lot of sense.  I mentioned this several pages ago, but this is my dream scenario. Significantly upfit BofA, purchase Pipe & Foundry, build HQs and training facilities there (plus hotels and some high-rise office), then build entertainment district connecting the facilities to BofA

IMO I think the stadium going on the Pipe and Foundry land would be an ideal scenario.  As this was mocked up a while back, we could return the BOA stadium land to a street grid as a cohesive part of Uptown.  And maybe that's where Tepper gets his entertainment district but it's more accessible to the rest of Uptown.

Then the rest of the Pipe and Foundry land on the other side of 277 could become training facilities, where go_vertical had suggested an aquarium.  Purely hypothetical, I'm not sure if there's enough space over there to accommodate it 

_20220105_163133.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SouthEndCLT811 said:

_20220105_163133.JPG

All that land gets -way- more valuable with the Belk removed. Transferring that land to Tepper inc. could be a big part of the city's new stadium payment as well.

Just sayin...

Edited by kermit
  • Like 1

https://www.irondistrictcharlotte.com/   found this website from its real estate partner (Charlotte pipe and foundry) and I do wonder if they would consider a joint venture and not out right sale.   They bought most of the land inside the 277 loop when Beazer homes planned a 1200 unit townhome development there during the great recession hit and they Beazer sold it and left town.  The land were the primary foundry sits outside of 277 though a brownfield could be developed into 1000s of apartments and 1000s of sq feet of retail and office space.  Most of Southend and NoDa is all brownfields and about the only thing you can't build after the land is remediated is single family homes which they would not do anyway.  With real estate consultants they surely could develop it as they own the land even if that is all they do in some sort of partnership.   A company that big and been in business that long knows how to do business deals for sure.  Very interesting. 

1 hour ago, Mezzatorre87 said:

http://www.charlotteirondistrict.com

Not sure if this has been posted before (apologies if so). Would CP&F have the financial ability to develop this? I wonder if the ownership of the foundry would want some participating equity in the development?

• Like 3

On 7/25/2022 at 12:44 PM, J-Rob said:

Don't forget Tepper said they are studying the feasibility of long-term remodeling effort for the current stadium. I still think it is possible that current stadium is upfitted.  If Tepper still wants to purchase Pipe & Foundry and get an ROI (I am sure it will be expensive),  then building both HQs, training facilities, and an adjacent entertainment district there makes a lot of sense.  I mentioned this several pages ago, but this is my dream scenario. Significantly upfit BofA, purchase Pipe & Foundry, build HQs and training facilities there (plus hotels and some high-rise office), then build entertainment district connecting the facilities to BofA

One of the silly little reasons I'd support this is that the current stadium has maybe the best skyline view of any stadium in the entire NFL lol. Moving even a little away would hamper that... unless the stadium is designed in a way to maximize the view. Which I guess could be done. Can't be a full bowl type stadium though.

• Like 4

On 7/25/2022 at 1:39 PM, SouthEndCLT811 said:

IMO I think the stadium going on the Pipe and Foundry land would be an ideal scenario.  As this was mocked up a while back, we could return the BOA stadium land to a street grid as a cohesive part of Uptown.  And maybe that's where Tepper gets his entertainment district but it's more accessible to the rest of Uptown.

Then the rest of the Pipe and Foundry land on the other side of 277 could become training facilities, where go_vertical had suggested an aquarium.  Purely hypothetical, I'm not sure if there's enough space over there to accommodate it 

_20220105_163133.JPG

Throw in getting rid of 277, and now we're talking!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1