Stonewall Street Projects in 2nd Ward - Northwood Ravin, Proffitt Dixon, Walton Plaza

CLTProductions

2 hours ago, JoshuaDrown said:

For a building that seemingly covers an entire block, there is a decent amount of variation going on along the facade.

E57C0243-D3CC-4E39-B021-5CF2A4C85A85.thumb.jpeg.92430e634b645f5ce1a072bb52ddf014.jpeg

43205F1D-D398-4AB4-BA27-61DCC72C0317.thumb.jpeg.ce0c0acac436b6ccc126d4c3b3e14610.jpeg

Is the corner patio smaller than the renderings?  Is the street going to be moved to the west?  The only thing that doesn't appear to match renderings is the corner space.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JBS said:

Is the corner patio smaller than the renderings?  Is the street going to be moved to the west?  The only thing that doesn't appear to match renderings is the corner space.

they had to move the building toward Caldwell unfortunately, which is why this thing went into foundation revisions so far in.  So the plaza will be quite a bit smaller.

On 7/4/2018 at 6:24 PM, Hushpuppy321 said:

Between all three of these residential projects along Stonewall, how many months do you think it'll take for all to attain full lease up considering the growth of the city/uptown rental dynamics?

It depends on what you consider full lease up. But uptown's vacant rate is around 20% over all. So you're probably talking years rather than months.

93% is the occupancy rate universally understood to mean a new project has reached stabilized occupancy or "full lease-up".

The mechanism for getting there is quite simple but also can be quite aggressive, as in "how many months of free rent with a 1 year lease must be offered to ensure that 93% occupancy happens within 24months".

So....24 months.

Edit....new construction typically has higher motivations and therefore offers greater incentives to lease units, which means they will be able to steal tenants from other properties to reach full occupancy ahead of when normal growth Dynamics suggest they should.....though that would obviously put downward pressure on uptown rents and occupancy rates overall.

I don't know the accuracy of the 20% vacancy cited above, but that would def be a  mix of stabilized units and buildings still leasing up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2018 at 5:59 PM, KJHburg said:

Drove down Stonewall today and took some shots.  This street continues to amaze me and I live here how it has changed.  Even the Savoy or Montage is looking good and 550 Stonewall is a great project as apartments go.   Overcast day means no weird sun angles.  Drive by shots. 

IMG_1514.JPG

Is it not totally obvious that Stonewall would be the best candidate for a street car?! It's terribly easy to envision one in this pic.

Edited by Hunted
Typo

9 minutes ago, Hunted said:

Is it not totally obvious that Stonewall would be the best candidate or a street car?! It's terribly easy to envision one in this pic.

image.png.d749476a9cf99ae1496270618230d837.png

SIGH, maybe one day 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, JBS said:

I'm excited to see you added both a streetcar and a waterfront (finally diverting the Catawba to the Belk)!

haha, I spent about 45 second deciding whether I should photoshop the word Stonewall in place and put in rails, and then I remembered that I actually had other stuff to do lol.

Edited by Guest

I had time to kill so I made this:

1536105452_Screenshot_20180723-2207472.thumb.png.1d2cec6454c28e7b9c240d92b353be93.png

What do you think of this as an option for am additional streetcar route? 

Gateway, Panthers/stonewall, trade then follow gold, Hawthorne, Providence, terminate at Queen's Rd.

Since it seems like blue line won't be going down stonewall as any option this could be a good connector.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

@NCMike1990 great find!

I think we all take for granted the usage of drones for these stunning videos and pictures. I'm pretty happy for it because I'm somewhat obsessed with skyline photography.

What I love about the shot of the skyline at 2:11 is that it doesn't even show Hearst, Odell, or the Skyhouses, and still looks as dense as it ever has. Also looking straight down 277 is cool too. The only thing that shot needs is the lot next to the HofF developed and of course Tryon Place, LU site built out, and DEC#2, and in about 30 years, maybe a cap over 277.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1