Jayvee

Stonewall Street Projects in 2nd Ward - Northwood Ravin, Proffitt Dixon, Walton Plaza

Awesome floor plan- crappy signage. We can’t have it all I guess. Ugh- and they definetly value engineered the fin on top to be shorter. Oh well, still a cool building. 

• Like 2

Oh shoot lol I seriously thought the 'Uptown 550' signage was photoshopped... :ermm:

Edited by nicholas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, nicholas said:

Oh shoot lol I seriously thought the 'Uptown 550' signage was photoshopped... :ermm:

I did at first too and I shot a photo at the light and didn't notice it until I looked back.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2018 at 8:41 PM, cltcane said:

Does the awful “UPTOWN 550” signage ruin this for anyone else?  Makes this building go from classy to cheap, IMO.

Nah, it's just you that it "ruins" it for. I don't mean to be rude, but for me architectural merit and great lines on a building don't hinge on the sign. I'll agree that portion could look better but it has no bearing on anything beyond itself.

We're lucky; one day corporations might get cheeky and start making signage in comic sans. Hah.

I do have one (very minor) complaint about the tower itself, and it's so minor it doesn't even take away from its "great" status to me, it's still a wonderful addition to our queen. I wish there was a splash more colour on the sides, in a perfect world it would have a well-integrated mural commissioned to be done by opening date. As it is, something about it makes me feel it wouldn't look out of place in Myrtle Beach, albeit it would still be the nicest building there were it plopped down in that resort mecca.:tw_joy:

On 12/14/2018 at 8:41 PM, cltcane said:

Does the awful “UPTOWN 550” signage ruin this for anyone else?  Makes this building go from classy to cheap, IMO.

Idk if its the color, font, or combination of the two, to me, it makes the building look like a hotel. 

• Like 4

It didn't need the signage at the top, its the address. But that's what we have. The building texture is neat, but I don't think I could walk out on one of those balconies on Caldwell.

Edit: 550 is the address on Stonewall.

Edited by CLTNative

21 hours ago, NY+SC=NC said:

Idk if its the color, font, or combination of the two, to me, it makes the building look like a hotel. 

Yeah, agree...Little combo of everything...I do think even if the color/font stayed the same, that 'Uptown 550' looks better.  Even the website has it like that and not CAPS.  I think a lighter color too would've looked better.  I would have preferred the style like how the Kimpton did with 'Tryon Park' and keep the signage towards the bottom (plus it's creative and looks cool).  

*Being right off of 277, I get the high signage for visibility...will the letters light up at night?

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2018 at 1:32 PM, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Yeah, agree...Little combo of everything...I do think even if the color/font stayed the same, that 'Uptown 550' looks better.  Even the website has it like that and not CAPS.  I think a lighter color too would've looked better.  I would have preferred the style like how the Kimpton did with 'Tryon Park' and keep the signage towards the bottom (plus it's creative and looks cool).  

*Being right off of 277, I get the high signage for visibility...will the letters light up at night?

Well, they do light up...

• Like 3