Stonewall Street Projects in 2nd Ward - Northwood Ravin, Proffitt Dixon, Walton Plaza

CLTProductions

So I for the first time. (I know I’m late) went into WholeFoods, and was highly disappointed. The store itself was nice but the parking garage is poorly set up and the way you enter into the store. I got one thing and still had to pay 5 dollars for parking for my less than 10 minute stay. Don’t know if I’d ever shop there for groceries to go through all that. Maybe if I lived in those apartments but hey.

8 minutes ago, j-man said:

So I for the first time. (I know I’m late) went into WholeFoods, and was highly disappointed. The store itself was nice but the parking garage is poorly set up and the way you enter into the store. I got one thing and still had to pay 5 dollars for parking for my less than 10 minute stay. Don’t know if I’d ever shop there for groceries to go through all that. Maybe if I lived in those apartments but hey.

I do agree that setup is odd, with where you park versus how you enter and exit. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jtmonk said:

Parking is free if you go to WholeFoods, they should have given you a receipt to validate your parking.  

I parked in the first section for the Whole Foods with the ticket but I couldn’t leave unless I paid. 

39 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

They validate parking up to 1.5 hours.  Make sure you bring your parking ticket next time and the cashier will validate upon checkout. 

^dang, ppl are quick to respond lol.  I will add, I am surprised there hasn't been any movement on the little retail box on the light rail station above Whole Foods.  I know there is one right off of east/west stop (next to Hawkers), but something like Jeni's ice cream would do well there.  Or I said a long time ago, a little juice/sandwich shop (preferably bubble tea/banh mi joint).

Is there a sign that says bring ticket inside because I didn’t see it. Even then why even make people get the ticket if it’s going to be free. Like just do it like at the Metropolitan 

2 minutes ago, j-man said:

I parked in the first section for the Whole Foods with the ticket but I couldn’t leave unless I paid. 

Is there a sign that says bring ticket inside because I didn’t see it. Even then why even make people get the ticket if it’s going to be free. Like just do it like at the Metropolitan 

they do have signs inside the store dont forget to have your ticket validated. 

why?  I saw a Russian woman trying to get out of the garage and she said she had it validated.  So I tried to help her and finally told her to go back in the store.  It kept coming up $40 or $50  then after I walked away I thought she might have been there overnight or something and buying something a Whole Foods does not get you 24 hours of parking.  She kept telling me she had it validated.   I see plenty of people coming into the garage buying lots of groceries and leaving in their car probably from close in neighborhoods close to uptown. 

• Like 4

I hear you all out and I thank you, but this project to me is not that great now since I experienced this. Like this garage is to accommodate 2 hotels, grocery store, retail, and over 400 apartments. Yeah it’s safe to say (for me) that this project is a botched job overall. They had so much land and could have done a way better job with what they had, And the two hotels should have just been one to save space instead of two with a huge road in between and have  underground parking just for hotel guests. Like I don’t even care for this in entire project anymore. But that’s just me. 

2 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

they do have signs inside the store dont forget to have your ticket validated. 

why?  I saw a Russian woman trying to get out of the garage and she said she had it validated.  So I tried to help her and finally told her to go back in the store.  It kept coming up $40 or $50  then after I walked away I thought she might have been there overnight or something and buying something a Whole Foods does not get you 24 hours of parking.  She kept telling me she had it validated.   I see plenty of people coming into the garage buying lots of groceries and leaving in their car probably from close in neighborhoods close to uptown. 

Where were those signs. In the bathroom?? Either way. They should say that when the ticket is being printed. I’m in the store to shop not read like they are billboards on the road.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2