Jayvee

Stonewall Street Projects in 2nd Ward - Northwood Ravin, Proffitt Dixon, Walton Plaza

9 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

So how has the foot traffic been looking on this stretch now that there are residents, office workers, and grocery shoppers?

Walked down that way yesterday and it was lively around 4pm.  I am excited about the potential below (google earth screenshot):

1615642381_2019-03-2106_59_00-399EStonewallSt-GoogleMaps.thumb.png.e8d60ea8fcd5412109b744efa82d93bd.png

Very pleased with the amount of street level retail on this project.  I'm glad they didn't stop with just the Whole Foods.  I am excited for that Japanese Robata style restaurant (I believe at Savoy) and I think I remember someone saying Starbucks is coming soon.  But once the hotels are complete, I think we'll see movement on some of these retail slots.  Will be a fun stretch once these are all filled in. 

• Like 2

Yes Starbucks is going in on the corner on ground floor of Home2Suites hotel.  I thought someone told me they were all leased out the spaces in Stonewall Station but maybe not. 

• Like 1

What's going on with the modular hotel? I feel like I haven't seen any movement on this part of the site in several weeks.

Crane shadow on the wonderwall gives highly interesting pattern. Note to future muralists.

Edited by tarhoosier
  • Like 3

Don't forget that Actor's Theatre of Charlotte was in one of these parcels and got booted for an apartment building.  :(

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, JRNYP2C said:

Don't forget that Actor's Theatre of Charlotte was in one of these parcels and got booted for an apartment building.  :(

I did forget that.  I stand corrected. 

• Like 3

walked passed savoy and uptown 550 today
I really wish Gyu Kaku can come ASAP. But it seems there are no activity on the ground floor ratail space there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Bruco72 said:

Agreed on the "skyline" views, but overall this is a great use of basically a leftover and not very functional parcel of land. And the coffee shop by day and tap room by night is a nice use of that small retail spot in Savoy.  Better than a lunch spot that closes at 2. 

Yes it will add great vitality to that area with apartments in every direction up and down Stonewall.   I forgot about that Japanese place leasing a spot there which will draw people down to that area.  

• Like 2

That wood or wood looking material they used on the exterior is fantastic, wish there was a similar material used by Crescent on their property up the street on the freeway facing side.  Would make a huge difference and work well with the wanderwall.  Thanks for the pics KJ. 

Edited by NikolaTesla
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, XRZ.ME said:

do they have free parking at the spot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they will have some sort of free retail parking maybe on a validation but right now it is open.  

• Like 1