Stonewall Street Projects in 2nd Ward - Northwood Ravin, Proffitt Dixon, Walton Plaza

CLTProductions

4 hours ago, gman430 said:

Thanks. Yeah, I have a DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Top of the line for sure. I’ll be back in Charlotte again this week (most likely tomorrow) to take more drone shots of other area projects that I didn’t get yesterday like in the Villa Heights and Optimist Park areas. 

Can't wait.  Turning me into an Aerial Photo junkie!

• 2 weeks later...

What are the odds of these windows in the NASCAR Hall of Fame being converted to retail?

Also, what's the deal again with the parking lot at Caldwell/Stonewall?

I walked Stonewall today and --  I know I know we're spoiled -- but it's a bit disappointing that Stonewall's exciting development is exclusively on one side of the street, with the other side being littered with institutional buildings with bad street presence that are not to be changed. or going anywhere. The whole Stonewall corridor still feels very disconnected from Uptown... I imagine the Brooklyn Village redevelopment will be the one thing that can make the corridor finally feel coherently unified with the surrounding area. Until then we've got:

-Charlotte Convention Center (this street frontage across from Whole Foods is not getting re-done anytime soon)

-NASCAR Hall of Fame (retail, maybe?)

-Vacant Parking Lot at Caldwell/Stonewall (beacon of hope?)

-Charlotte Metro School (what's the likelihood they would sell? Not that we'd want them to)

-Second Ward HS Gymnasium (very important relic of a bygone community)

-Mecklenburg Country Aquatic Center (they just did renovations, right? Ain't goin' nowhere...)

Edited by SgtCampsalot
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

What are the odds of these windows in the NASCAR Hall of Fame being converted to retail?

Also, what's the deal again with the parking lot at Caldwell/Stonewall?

I walked Stonewall today and, call it being spoiled, but it's a bit disappointing that Stonewall's exciting development is exclusively on one side of the street, with the other side being littered with institutional buildings with bad street presence that are not to be changed. or going anywhere. The whole Stonewall corridor still feels very disconnected from Uptown... I imagine the Brooklyn Village redevelopment will be the one thing that can make the corridor finally feel coherently unified with the surrounding area. Until then we've go:

-Charlotte Convention Center (this street frontage across from Whole Foods is not getting re-done anytime soon)

-NASCAR Hall of Fame (retail, maybe?)

-Vacant Parking Lot at Caldwell/Stonewall (beacon of hope?)

-Charlotte Metro School (what's the likelihood they would sell? Not that we'd want them to)

-Second Ward HS Gymnasium (very important relic of a bygone community)

-Mecklenburg Country Aquatic Center (they just did renovations, right? Ain't goin' nowhere...)

1. Thats the back of NBC Sports Nascar Studio, so unlikely unless they move.
2. Owned by City, pegged for future Convention related uses.
3. Agreed.
4. The facade facing the street will be drastically redone in a positive manner starting in May, the street frontage on the other hand cannot be changed because of ingress for Convention Center Loading  docks 
5. Above.
6. Wouldn't want them to, its centrally located, and has a good format for the students who go there daily. Everyone's got a price tho, land worth probably close to $40M (maybe more if you use Duke's purchase as a benchmark for what land costs now)
7. Will be revitalized as part of Brooklyn Village
8. Everyone has a price. Lands worth upwards of $20M (maybe more if you use Duke's purchase as a benchmark for what land costs now)

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

Seems like that 2nd Hotel (forgot the name but it's the Modular Construction one) is taken its own sweet time.  Reinforced Concrete Floor & Stairwell Risers have been up for sometime now with no sign of the Modular part...

Yep.
Speaking of the hotel (this question seems to be asked DAILY for every project everywhere): 
 Will there be retail at the base of this hotel?

3 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

Yep.
Speaking of the hotel (this question seems to be asked DAILY for every project everywhere): 
 Will there be retail at the base of this hotel?

All the hotels will have some sort of retail at the base. Restaurants in the case of the hotels

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...