Stonewall Street Projects in 2nd Ward - Northwood Ravin, Proffitt Dixon, Walton Plaza

CLTProductions

On 11/20/2018 at 5:35 PM, Nick2 said:

So much construction is going on but you've got to keep an eye out and stay alert because the activity is different than the norm.

Probably the same guy who did this a few months ago. https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/watch-dump-truck-takes-down-traffic-light-in-uptown/810480484

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/14/2018 at 8:41 PM, cltcane said:

Does the awful “UPTOWN 550” signage ruin this for anyone else?  Makes this building go from classy to cheap, IMO.

Nah, it's just you that it "ruins" it for. I don't mean to be rude, but for me architectural merit and great lines on a building don't hinge on the sign. I'll agree that portion could look better but it has no bearing on anything beyond itself.

We're lucky; one day corporations might get cheeky and start making signage in comic sans. Hah.

I do have one (very minor) complaint about the tower itself, and it's so minor it doesn't even take away from its "great" status to me, it's still a wonderful addition to our queen. I wish there was a splash more colour on the sides, in a perfect world it would have a well-integrated mural commissioned to be done by opening date. As it is, something about it makes me feel it wouldn't look out of place in Myrtle Beach, albeit it would still be the nicest building there were it plopped down in that resort mecca.:tw_joy:

21 hours ago, NY+SC=NC said:

Idk if its the color, font, or combination of the two, to me, it makes the building look like a hotel. 

Yeah, agree...Little combo of everything...I do think even if the color/font stayed the same, that 'Uptown 550' looks better.  Even the website has it like that and not CAPS.  I think a lighter color too would've looked better.  I would have preferred the style like how the Kimpton did with 'Tryon Park' and keep the signage towards the bottom (plus it's creative and looks cool).  

*Being right off of 277, I get the high signage for visibility...will the letters light up at night?

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 1:32 PM, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Yeah, agree...Little combo of everything...I do think even if the color/font stayed the same, that 'Uptown 550' looks better.  Even the website has it like that and not CAPS.  I think a lighter color too would've looked better.  I would have preferred the style like how the Kimpton did with 'Tryon Park' and keep the signage towards the bottom (plus it's creative and looks cool).  

*Being right off of 277, I get the high signage for visibility...will the letters light up at night?

Well, they do light up...

• Like 3