Stonewall Street Projects in 2nd Ward - Northwood Ravin, Proffitt Dixon, Walton Plaza

CLTProductions

3 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

actually in the store near the check out and there is poster on the wall near the door to the garage I think.  Regardless follow the KJ rule never pull into a parking garage  with a ticket unless  you know how much it is or if they validate.  I ask for validations all the time.  Parked in Buckhead at an office tower free parking with purchase for 2 hours with purchase so I went to Chick-Fil-a and made a purchase before I left and had it validated!    I will take some photos next time and post them.  

there is a basement level of retail parking below too and the apartments all park on the upper levels and there is a gate for them. 

Ok I see what you’re saying but you can’t even remember where the sign is and who really would think they they would be charged even if it was validated to shop for groceries. I thought when I drove up it would just print out a ticket that I would have to slide in and be free so it knows I’m a customer of the grocery store. Or it was just going to open when I drove in. Either way this is all way too much for that

I didn’t see one of these signs. I just saw the one that said where to park...and ok sir of course it needs to be parking tickets for that reason I’m just saying it should be more clear of how the system works 

2 minutes ago, Bruco72 said:

9M3o0VV.jpg

MhRCZhc.jpg

there are more than this. 

I didn’t see one of these signs. I just saw the one that said where to park...and ok sir of course it needs to be parking tickets for that reason I’m just saying it should be more clear of how the system works 

28 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

I assume j-man has less experience driving than some of the others among us and I chalk it to that. If one goes downtown for dining, restaurants validate and some other establishments may also. But it takes time to learn these patterns. Driving and parking experience is cumulative. Signs help most people but not all.

J-man:   Give it another chance. Dine at a fine establishment and ask if they validate while on your next evening downtown. Tip the valet.

Well your assumption is wrong. I would never think a grocery store does that. You’re trying to make some grand statement and are missing my point. I didn’t say anything about parking or getting it validated or not. I’m talking about when it comes to a grocery store as I’ve been in many that don’t require it at all. Once again jackass im talking about grocery shopping not parking valet or anything along the lines of parking and paying to eat a meal. Just groceries. So you sir or ma’am have a nice night. 

26 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

I assume j-man has less experience driving than some of the others among us and I chalk it to that. If one goes downtown for dining, restaurants validate and some other establishments may also. But it takes time to learn these patterns. Driving and parking experience is cumulative. Signs help most people but not all.

J-man:   Give it another chance. Dine at a fine establishment and ask if they validate while on your next evening downtown. Tip the valet.

Frankly I always park on the street if I can, but the rule of thumb for parking in any city, big or small, is to assume that there's a catch. Read every sign, make 110% sure, and then double check. Most cities don't have free parking during the day, and finding a cost free parking deck in any urban area is practically unheard of unless it's at a mall (I consider the Met to be a sort of mall/urban shopping center) or a place that has limited parking, such as a 2 or 3 hour enforcement. While validation was probably commonplace in Charlotte years ago, for a grocery store that's just not the case. It wouldn't surprise me long term if this becomes the new normal around the inner neighborhoods, the Lowes on South, and the Publix come to mind. I doubt many people know about the parking on the roof of Lowes, but as more and more people move to the city and fill up those many, many apartments, some "visitors" might see it fit to park offsite. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, nakers2 said:

You're really trying hard to justify a silly mistake man, we've all had our moments, just admit you weren't thinking and move on. This is really the first of it's kind here in Charlotte, but this is pretty common in car centric, but dense urban areas, think like Washington DC, LA, Miami, etc, and especially common in European cities. Where parking is limited, people will flock to where it's free. The Metropolitan, for all its worth, is not really close enough in to warrant validated parking, a few freeloaders isn't gonna hurt them, the complex that Whole Foods is in contains hundreds of apartments, will contain two hotels, along with some other small retail, it's across the street from the Hall of Fame and the convention center, on the same street as BofA stadium, shall I go on? Free parking would be like honey to flies, and it would make legitimate customers very angry. We'd go from a handful of people being like "it's dumb you have to validate your ticket" to "there's never a place to park there!"

What mistake did I make?? My whole point is that  the store is nice but the parking is annoying and I missed all the signs you say are so visible for parking for the grocery store, but ok whatever gets you the most likes.:tw_thumbsup:

1 minute ago, j-man said:

Well your assumption is wrong. I would never think a grocery store does that. You’re trying to make some grand statement and are missing my point. I didn’t say anything about parking or getting it validated or not. I’m talking about when it comes to a grocery store as I’ve been in many that don’t require it at all. Once again jackass im talking about grocery shopping not parking valet or anything along the lines of parking and paying to eat a meal. Just groceries. So you sir or ma’am have a nice night. 

^this folks, is why New Yorkers make fun of us. #suburbanrage

• Like 2

1 hour ago, j-man said:

Ok and your point is...who are they to me and why is their opinion so important. NYers are not the standard.

Lol. As everyone said.  You made a mistake and some people are picking. This is totallllly the norm in all of DC, the immediate surrounding and pretty much any high density developments in the metro. 

Now you know about the CLT Whole Foods and you can watch all the confused newbs lol. 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

Lol. As everyone said.  You made a mistake and some people are picking. This is totallllly the norm in all of DC, the immediate surrounding and pretty much any high density developments in the metro. 

Now you know about the CLT Whole Foods and you can watch all the confused newbs lol. 

But I’ve gone to other places like ATL and Baltimore and have been in garages without this process so idk why it’s like a given that I’m supposed to know that. Idk why out of everything I said everybody pints out I don’t know it was a pay to park garage but ok. I figured it would be like the other grocers that are connected but ok I’m done. 

1 hour ago, norm21499 said:

The way I look at the parking/paying situation is this.....if the parking garage has gates where you have to take a ticket, it requires you to pay unless you get the ticket validated. If the parking deck doesn't have gates then the parking is absolutely free. You didn't see the signs, the cashier at Whole Foods forgot to ask you if you need parking validated, lesson has been learned. 

It’s not that deep. I initially figured it was just a pass that would have to be shown when leaving and if it was past a certain time it was to be paid not oh I was her 2 seconds and I have to pay in general 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

So how has the foot traffic been looking on this stretch now that there are residents, office workers, and grocery shoppers?

Walked down that way yesterday and it was lively around 4pm.  I am excited about the potential below (google earth screenshot):

1615642381_2019-03-2106_59_00-399EStonewallSt-GoogleMaps.thumb.png.e8d60ea8fcd5412109b744efa82d93bd.png

Very pleased with the amount of street level retail on this project.  I'm glad they didn't stop with just the Whole Foods.  I am excited for that Japanese Robata style restaurant (I believe at Savoy) and I think I remember someone saying Starbucks is coming soon.  But once the hotels are complete, I think we'll see movement on some of these retail slots.  Will be a fun stretch once these are all filled in. 

• Like 2