Stonewall Street Projects in 2nd Ward - Northwood Ravin, Proffitt Dixon, Walton Plaza

CLTProductions

21 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

The online discussions of capping or removing some or all of 277 should refer to this area where a grand cloverleaf interchange became all of this, and a massive injection of tax money to the city and county.

Has anybody ever quantified that whole operation? e.g. it cost $X to make the changes, and the land sold for $Y and produces $Z/yr in property taxes?

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say that the ground level streetscape on that whole corridor is shaping up quite nicely (well, on the one side of the street). Once they get the cycle track in there, it will be a really cool route between BofA Stadium and the XCLT.

On 7/27/2019 at 9:25 PM, SgtCampsalot said:

There is something that lowers the number of gallons your pool can have the higher up you go in elevation. I've only heard that from a developer, though; no citation.

Gravity?

On 10/18/2019 at 9:00 AM, Miesian Corners said:

Charlotte: city of chain workout joints and hair salons.

Hey, at least it's not a freaking dry-cleaner or a steak joint.

On 12/15/2019 at 10:18 AM, tarhoosier said:

The online discussions of capping or removing some or all of 277 should refer to this area where a grand cloverleaf interchange became all of this, and a massive injection of tax money to the city and county.

It's probably large, but won't be realized until next year, or maybe the year after, depending on when construction finishes. A bridge cap TIF district would have made a lot of sense in that area in hindsight. That said, the city is so sprawled out, they need the higher tax revenues in center city to offset the cost of providing services to suburbia.

Also, I'm not aware of any serious discussion about a cap. It might make it in the next Center City Vision Plan, but it's taken 10+ years for rail trail bridge to materialize, and that's what, $5m? A cap is going to be in the $50-100m range depending on the size of it.

• Like 1

I have to say that the ground level streetscape on that whole corridor is shaping up quite nicely (well, on the one side of the street). Once they get the cycle track in there, it will be a really cool route between BofA Stadium and the XCLT.

It's probably large, but won't be realized until next year, or maybe the year after, depending on when construction finishes. A bridge cap TIF district would have made a lot of sense in that area in hindsight. That said, the city is so sprawled out, they need the higher tax revenues in center city to offset the cost of providing services to suburbia.

Also, I'm not aware of any serious discussion about a cap. It might make it in the next Center City Vision Plan, but it's taken 10+ years for rail trail bridge to materialize, and that's what, $5m? A cap is going to be in the $50-100m range depending on the size of it.

$11.5M for rail trail bridge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

There is also a very large corner retail spot at Savoy Apartments that’s still available. Hustle House and Tiffs Cookies are open at 550 now and the other spot looks like the lobby/leasing. They do have more retail spots under the mid rise section but that’s where their fitness center is...idk if that is temporary or not but odd that they put their fitness center on some prime street frontage. Surprised we haven’t seen any action on the hotel retail corner spot either...wonder if they’re waiting to see the future of their stalled neighbor.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

There is also a very large corner retail spot at Savoy Apartments that’s still available. Hustle House and Tiffs Cookies are open at 550 now and the other spot looks like the lobby/leasing. They do have more retail spots under the mid rise section but that’s where their fitness center is...idk if that is temporary or not but odd that they put their fitness center on some prime street frontage. Surprised we haven’t seen any action on the hotel retail corner spot either...wonder if they’re waiting to see the future of their stalled neighbor.

I forgot about Tiff Cookies being there love me some warm chocolate chip cookies! 

• Like 3

It’s so funny how some projects you think will be bad turn out good and the ones you think will be good turned out not so good. I feel like that about Savoy and Uptown 550. I really thought Savoy was going to be bland and 550 would be game changing, but since they’re done I feel the opposite. Though I wish Savoy was two stories taller. :tw_smirk:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, turbocraig said:

I wish 550 had turned out more like the rendering.  With the front facade extension up top and larger overhang on the right side roof.  It’s not bad as is, but those two small details really turn it.  Doesn’t seem like those would have been too costly to warrant VE’ing them, especially considering the layered/laminated effect they gave that really made it cool.

FEECC469-BF63-4D42-B151-F540A54C4F4E.jpeg

I agree so much! I think it turned out ok but not as good as the rendering. Idk I think its the material used for the exterior. They look really cheap in real life and not as vibrant as in the renderings. Especially from behind coming from SouthEnd. And usually I love brick but the dark grey bricks look fake. But still a great addition to this side of uptown. 

BBEB0E75-672C-4ECC-AA40-FD280BCA58B1.jpeg

Edited by j-man
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, QCxpat said:

Spoke with the Safety Director at The Ellis yesterday @ 1:00 p.m.  His company  is also involved with the development of the stalled, pre-fab hotel pictured below at E. Stonewall St. and S. Caldwell St. 

He told me that the pre-fab units had failed City inspection at the manufacturer's site in Houston, and that the developer is not sure yet if it is going to tear it down or not.

1028771423_StonewallProject02_12_20.thumb.jpg.15a17d83631b3cda77845244d405b68e.jpg

So does this mean they will start over, or just not have a second hotel.