Stonewall Street Projects in 2nd Ward - Northwood Ravin, Proffitt Dixon, Walton Plaza

CLTProductions

15 minutes ago, carolinaboy said:

Remind me whats happening at or to the Convention Center. There's so much going on all over town I can't remember what's happening here.

A pretty substantial upfit and a new pedestrian bridge over Stonewall with a picture window.

The entire Stonewall side should not look like a warehouse by the airport but have large windows...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, carolinaboy said:

Remind me whats happening at or to the Convention Center. There's so much going on all over town I can't remember what's happening here.

Not sure this is up-to-date but this is what I found.  More meeting space.  Was hoping for something to increase the street-level activity on Stonewall (CC side), but I think this will be a nice upgrade...ped bridge will be huge too.

cc.png.1a86b220c6d4284401f5fb584413d106.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Not sure this is up-to-date but this is what I found.  More meeting space.  Was hoping for something to increase the street-level activity on Stonewall (CC side), but I think this will be a nice upgrade...ped bridge will be huge too.

cc.png.1a86b220c6d4284401f5fb584413d106.png

Anything that will be done along stonewall will have to be organic, that grey wall hides a ramp to the massive underground loading dock. Its large enough for 18 wheelers.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Anything that will be done along stonewall will have to be organic, that grey wall hides a ramp to the massive underground loading dock. Its large enough for 18 wheelers.

They have been doing a ton of work inside that grey wall area where the ramp is too.  It's pretty deep, well-below street level.  Seems like they are building access points to the street from inside or something.  Windows have been taken out at some points and there is an elevated platform built inside there now (not impeding the entry ramp).  Could just be structural but they've been doing tons of work in there for the past few months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I think this will be more common and landlords will need to work with small tenants or there will be a center city (uptown, southend) glut of retail space the likes we have not seen. 

From the Biz Journal today article about salons:

""After years of planning and hundreds of thousands of dollars in investment, Tracy Martin opened Lemon Love at Novel Stonewall Station in uptown Charlotte in October. Its specialty was in skin services and fume-free, waterless nail care.  Less than six months later, Martin has closed the business — permanently — because of the COVID-19 pandemic.  Charlotte salons and spas are among the businesses forced to shutter indefinitely — at least through the end of the month — because of stay-at-home orders issued by Gov. Roy Cooper and Mecklenburg County.""

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Covid-19 could be part of the reason, however, I think the root cause was being located right next to another boutique nail, Cachet.   Every time I walked by, ppl would be there instead of Lemon. Bc of Lemons niche nail offerings, it limited themselves and didn’t provide popular services that Cachet could offer. I hate to see any business close down esp after such a short period, however, I was never thrilled in the first place  with two nail boutiques right next to each other, to be honest. So, I am looking forward to see what future retail may take its spot. 

Also, before The Rona arrived, I was concerned that the huge retail spot underneath the Home2 hadn’t t been taken yet (which ppl have been talking about QT. I think this would be a great location for that). There is one last big vacant spot at Savoy too. Hopefully once The Rona is gone, retail picks back up on Stonewall. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz

32 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Covid-19 could be part of the reason, however, I think the root cause was being located right next to another boutique nail, Cachet.   Every time I walked by, ppl would be there instead of Lemon. Bc of Lemons niche nail offerings, it limited themselves and didn’t provide popular services that Cachet could offer. I hate to see any business close down esp after such a short period, however, I was never thrilled in the first place  with two nail boutiques right next to each other, to be honest. So, I am looking forward to see what future retail may take its spot. 

Also, before The Rona arrived, I was concerned that the huge retail spot underneath the Home2 hadn’t t been taken yet (which ppl have been talking about QT. I think this would be a great location for that). There is one last big vacant spot at Savoy too. Hopefully once The Rona is gone, retail picks back up on Stonewall. 

Its slated to be a Pharmacy.  Was originally supposed to be a chain brewery.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Tyree Ricardo said:

Its slated to be a Pharmacy.  Was originally supposed to be a chain brewery.

Yeah, I think I remember you saying Walgreens was a possibility last year. Just didn’t know if that was for sure or not. I was hoping for a food/bev option there but Pharm will do well too. Brewery would have been decent there, but D9 will be at Savoy. Speaking of which, here’s an update:

85FE8182-51E8-4FF2-96C9-7C6888134E39.thumb.jpeg.121b307665ce3825abf370dad530d5ec.jpeg

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Yeah, I think I remember you saying Walgreens was a possibility last year. Just didn’t know if that was for sure or not. I was hoping for a food/bev option there but Pharm will do well too. Brewery would have been decent there, but D9 will be at Savoy. Speaking of which, here’s an update:

85FE8182-51E8-4FF2-96C9-7C6888134E39.thumb.jpeg.121b307665ce3825abf370dad530d5ec.jpeg

I'm 90% sure it landed on the Walgreens, but I'll double check with my contact. The Brewery was a PA based brewpub. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tozmervo said:

Question: is this in addition to or replacing the CVS in the epicenter

My bet is in addition to the one at Epicenter as drug stores need smaller numbers to make them work but who knows.  with all the apartments along Stonewall now it should do good and have some parking as well in the Stonewall Station garage.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...