Jt282506

Stonewall Street Projects in 2nd Ward - Northwood Ravin, Proffitt Dixon, Walton Plaza

^ Grab a bag a popcorn and watch people scratch their Audi on the temp diving wall with the narrow lanes they've created. It is good fun. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Stonewall continues to be crane city...here’s the new guy on the block at the convention center:

B7795725-5079-4785-8D3A-24F6CFDD4221.thumb.jpeg.ee640a986bc374c79f0841aed9bff4f8.jpeg

Remind me whats happening at or to the Convention Center. There's so much going on all over town I can't remember what's happening here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, carolinaboy said:

Remind me whats happening at or to the Convention Center. There's so much going on all over town I can't remember what's happening here.

A pretty substantial upfit and a new pedestrian bridge over Stonewall with a picture window.

The entire Stonewall side should not look like a warehouse by the airport but have large windows...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, carolinaboy said:

Not sure this is up-to-date but this is what I found.  More meeting space.  Was hoping for something to increase the street-level activity on Stonewall (CC side), but I think this will be a nice upgrade...ped bridge will be huge too.

cc.png.1a86b220c6d4284401f5fb584413d106.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Not sure this is up-to-date but this is what I found.  More meeting space.  Was hoping for something to increase the street-level activity on Stonewall (CC side), but I think this will be a nice upgrade...ped bridge will be huge too.

cc.png.1a86b220c6d4284401f5fb584413d106.png

Anything that will be done along stonewall will have to be organic, that grey wall hides a ramp to the massive underground loading dock. Its large enough for 18 wheelers.

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Anything that will be done along stonewall will have to be organic, that grey wall hides a ramp to the massive underground loading dock. Its large enough for 18 wheelers.

They have been doing a ton of work inside that grey wall area where the ramp is too.  It's pretty deep, well-below street level.  Seems like they are building access points to the street from inside or something.  Windows have been taken out at some points and there is an elevated platform built inside there now (not impeding the entry ramp).  Could just be structural but they've been doing tons of work in there for the past few months.