Stonewall Street Projects in 2nd Ward - Northwood Ravin, Proffitt Dixon, Walton Plaza

CLTProductions

Counting from the bottom left... up to 14th floor. The original crane was taken down yesterday.  Hard to picture the crane there now being tall enough for 8 more floors. 

A7B28273-6C5F-405F-886D-2409F139A02D.thumb.jpeg.1daf6856084cc218d0973792bd3decca.jpeg
CA3DDE97-F887-43D2-8D28-4A72F704F537.thumb.jpeg.a54a52208d620ae959380e59cf510254.jpeg
04805F84-37F8-4FFA-8247-567ADFA74CB4.thumb.jpeg.7cc9917159d8a6efa2614eda07bc3147.jpeg

Ground floor is the one toward Carson, so 12 floors

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It seemed liked this took forever to get off the ground, but this bad boy is quietly going up. From the beginning, I've always been excited about this project. It has decent height and looks like no other residential building in uptown. Hopefully the retail portion is good as well. I forget but is the rooftop bar open to the public or just residents?

• Like 3

How much retail will Stonewall be getting with these new projects and do we expect it to be the type of retail that would encourage a  walkable environment popular on the weekends or not quite. Just wondering, This is one of the corridors of Uptown where it’s relativley dead aside from Football games. 

6 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Ground floor is the one toward Carson, so 12 floors

My bad, it looked like they were starting on the 14th floor when counting from the downhill/ left side of the pic. Exciting that they still have so many more floors to go!

On 4/15/2018 at 9:54 PM, Cadi40 said:

This is one of the corridors of Uptown where it’s relativley dead aside from Football games. 

Well, this corridor has either been barren or a construction zone for years.  The pedestrian experience will still be rough but this will be a happening place from the reimagined Brooklyn Village to the stadium (one of the reasons I don't want the stadium to move).  Stonewall won't be Tryon but it will be the next best thing.

Somewhat of a low view of what a miracle is, but any time there is a cluster of development it is exciting  I have felt that way about the Bearden Park district in 3rd Ward.      I will reserve the term "miracle" for when Levine's land is developed.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^^Yes Bank of America's lease at Legacy was 550,000 sq ft alone!

And Ally Center is wrong too. Maybe lets not read this publication any more. Glad to see I'm not the biggest hack in Charlotte journalism afterall LOL

Edited by Guest

37 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Glad to see I'm not the biggest hack in Charlotte journalism afterall LOL

Really? I always thought it was this guy. I guess you're effectively in 3rd place now.

uptown-charlotte-skyhouse-300x160.jpg

The obvious green screen is probably the most truthful part about their meeting.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hunted said:

Really? I always thought it was this guy. I guess you're effectively in 3rd place now.

The obvious green screen is probably the most truthful part about their meeting.

hahaha. 

17 hours ago, Hunted said:

Who are these people? I totally have no clue.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, norm21499 said:

Who are these people? I totally have no clue.

No idea who the chick is, but the dude is Scott Jensen from Charlotte Stories.  He's the principal author. Almost everything they post is either grossly irrelevant/outdated or just straight up not true. It's quite embarrassing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No idea who the chick is, but the dude is Scott Jensen from Charlotte Stories.  He's the principal author. Almost everything they post is either grossly irrelevant/outdated or just straight up not true. It's quite embarrassing.

I think there might be some others ahead of me too. Pretty much anyone at Charlotte stories, and others lol. Stories is the worst

34 minutes ago, NCMike1990 said:

This tower has gone up so fast! The crane will have to be raised soon. Link

CHRMS_l.jpg

I commend you for posting this shot from an angle that has yet to have been captured of this project. The parking lot in the foreground is on my fantasy list for lots to get developed. Honestly wouldn't even be a bad candidate for a residential or hotel.

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I think there might be some others ahead of me too. Pretty much anyone at Charlotte stories, and others lol. Stories is the worst

From what I gather from you, you're largely an opinion columnist, no? In your defense, you technically can't really be "wrong" or untruthful with opinions. You lay out the facts (unlike CS) and write your opinions. Nothing wrong with that. I've only read a couple of your articles, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but they seemed totally fine to me. At least you're knowledgeable on this stuff. Scott just piggybacks off of the Observer and secondary data sources. I'm no journalism expert, but I don't think Scott is either.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

You're better than Scott Fowler for sure (I don't intend to insult you by saying that either).