Stonewall Street Projects in 2nd Ward - Northwood Ravin, Proffitt Dixon, Walton Plaza

CLTProductions

24 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

A once dead street between Bob Walton Plaza and convention center is now a prime residential street with a large grocery store. 

And the best part is that current activity only comprises 1/2 of the total projections for the street. We still have Legacy Union phase 2 (maybe even a phase 3), 1000-room hotel, Tryon Place, DEC #2 (it'll be slightly back due to the Gantt Center, but close enough to impose on Stonewall), potential hotel next to DEC #2, Brooklyn Village creeping through Stonewall. It'll be just as dense as any other place in 5 years if all this stuff falls through. Still plenty to come.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Today really liking how this all coming together.  A once dead street between Bob Walton Plaza and convention center is now a prime residential street with a large grocery store.  Amazing. 

IMG_9066.JPG

IMG_9080.JPG

I wish I had your data plan. I'm struggling. I'm about to go on vacation in 8 days, and I've already used 95% of my data.

7 minutes ago, tarhoosier said:

Will all this residential and commercial on these two blocks encourage some improved street level interaction from Convention Center and NASCAR HOF? I know there was a recent discussion in the Conv. Cter thread here but the difference from one side of this street to the other cannot be ignored.

Theres a studio backing up to the street at Nascar Hall of Fame. Will take that studio moving to get any interaction there. The Convention Center is planning a 130M overhaul of its stonewall frontage. That said, none of it can be more than "lipsticked over" as the entire stonewall frontage is a subterranean ramp down into the massive loading dock. We might hate it, but imagine how much worse it could have been if one of the streets had actually been filled with loading docks.

47 minutes ago, saamh said:

Stonewall is a street where a street car should be considered to connect to Metroplitan... with Brooklyn Village eventually coming the entire area between metropolitan and uptown is being developed

I think it's likely that the Silver line will run up Stonewall from the Metropolitan to Gateway unless they tunnel under Uptown.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crucial_Infra said:

Hopefully no one minds but I made an animated gif of the 2007 Google streetview from earlier in the thread and the most recent shot taken by @JorgiPorgi ... 

I think I'd like it more if you could modify it in such a way that it's (nearly) perfectly lined up. Perhaps use the Westin as a point of reference. Also, the fast alternating between the two gave me an epileptic seizure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hunted said:

I think I'd like it more if you could modify it in such a way that it's (nearly) perfectly lined up. Perhaps use the Westin as a point of reference. Also, the fast alternating between the two gave me an epileptic seizure.

I updated it up above to try to center it better to the best of my ability. Difficult since the two photos aren't exactly in same spot but I think it's better now. Sorry for any seizures. Can't slow it down in the app I'm using. 

Edited by Crucial_Infra
  • Like 2