Stonewall Street Projects in 2nd Ward - Northwood Ravin, Proffitt Dixon, Walton Plaza

CLTProductions

Can you imagine coming to Charlotte for a meeting or convention 5 years ago and returning today?  You would not even recognize the area.  Maybe it is just me when out of town for a while if I don't have a full kitchen I like to eat in grocery stores and now there is a Whole Foods next door.   What a transformation and thanks for the GIF

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, JorgiPorgi said:

I meant to quote him and not you lol. The growth is “insane.”

lol no worries.

And 5 years from now, you will feel awfully silly (as we all will) for thinking the state of 2018 was insane when Legacy Union Phase 2, Tryon Place, DEC 2 (possibly a hotel on the same site as well), Brooklyn Village build-out, and a 1000-room hotel get built next to the NASCAR plaza. If everything falls through (fingers crossed), Stonewall is currently about 3/5 of what it could potentially be in the near future.

Totally agree with whoever suggested a street car route for Stonewall earlier. It's plenty wide enough and would give it that extra spice of character.

3 hours ago, KJHburg said:

SIMG_9636.JPG

Either you'e swerving into the next lane because you were distracted by taking pictures or you're an incredibly skilled multi-tasker who can change lanes while also taking pics. Given your decades of driving-while-photographing experience, I'm inclined to go with the latter.

Nice pics, as always. ;)

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Hunted said:

Either you'e swerving into the next lane because you were distracted by taking pictures or you're an incredibly skilled multi-tasker who can change lanes while also taking pics. Given your decades of driving-while-photographing experience, I'm inclined to go with the latter.

Nice pics, as always. ;)

I am moving into the far left turning lane LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Really liking this thin apartment tower.  Today.  This is the new uptown stunner! 

IMG_0846.JPG

IMG_0847.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

And it's better than the old stunner (by a lot)...anyone know where we stand on the similar building at the Polk site?  Perhaps waiting for the transit related work to wrap up?

22 minutes ago, JoshuaDrown said:

For a building that seemingly covers an entire block, there is a decent amount of variation going on along the facade.

E57C0243-D3CC-4E39-B021-5CF2A4C85A85.thumb.jpeg.92430e634b645f5ce1a072bb52ddf014.jpeg

In the end, this will be the worst side of the tower for sure. I'm excited to see this one get clad, its either going to be a gem, or a dud. But isn't that always the case?