Nashtitans

Soccer in Nashville

2 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

With an endorsement from Ric Flair.

giphy.gif

Please no.  That sh.it has already infected the Preds arena and it is awful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Following a brief delay from a competitor's protest, Mortenson/Messer Construction Co. is one step closing to managing the construction of Nashville's future Major League Soccer stadium.

Thursday morning, the Metro Sports Authority approved an intent-to-award letter selecting the group — a joint venture between Minneapolis-based M.A. Motenson and Messer Construction, a Cincinnati-based firm with a Nashville office — as the stadium's construction manager. A contract must still be finalized and approved by the authority, in a vote likely to happen at its meeting next month.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/09/20/mls-stadium-after-protest-construction-manager.html

• Like 4

^^I can't help and look at that photo and wish there was a way to turn the stadium where you can see downtown through the end zone on tv.  I realize it's a sun issue...but man...it would be an awesome view!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, titanhog said:

^^I can't help and look at that photo and wish there was a way to turn the stadium where you can see downtown through the end zone on tv.  I realize it's a sun issue...but man...it would be an awesome view!

Remove the west upper deck and build upper decks in both end zones to make up for the capacity. Just spitballing, but it would be pretty cool for most of the stadium to be able to look out at the skyline during the game. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

Remove the west upper deck and build upper decks in both end zones to make up for the capacity. Just spitballing, but it would be pretty cool for most of the stadium to be able to look out at the skyline during the game. 

Hell yeah like a wide horseshoe. Would make for some awesome pictures. 

• Like 3

I actually really really love that idea, it would be a really unique way to watch a game. It would even kinda mirror some of the amphitheaters of ancient Greece to further that Titans connection-  

image.thumb.png.fedeb6f8c2f78c10935d9380d8400546.png

• Like 4

Outside the new park at the Fairgrounds. I wish they would have just went ahead and put in sidewalks now. They are going to have to be there by the time the stadium is opened. 

0FD32429-44D9-4D8A-B83D-F121E5AE3EA0.jpeg

8AE2CAFE-891B-4626-8B2E-C5ED94BAB32E.jpeg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, nashvylle said:

Can someone please post some excerpts? WSMV stopped allowing access from devices in the EU. (More evidence they're a trash news organization...)

EDIT: Found it on the Tennessean https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/2018/09/04/save-our-fairgrounds-lawsuit-block-mls-stadium/1196684002/

Can the judge fine them for filing frivolous lawsuits? This same suit was thrown out of the same court by the same judge in December. 

Edited by Nathan_in_the_UK