Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

49 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I’m confused on the lawsuit... the state fair is not required to have the fair at the fairgrounds, and he himself said he needs 300 acres to have a proper state fair.... 

They are just trying to find anything to stop it really. Construction continues though. 

• Like 4

hey dude do you have a spitter cuz mine is full of grizzly wintergreen and i really want to GO HARD at the next LEFT TURN race and do u want to pray about who is gonnaa win because STATES RIGHTS and did you see the newest episode of the gulf shores shore because its awesome and i have some aged MOUNTAIN DEW that is going to be so lit af IM NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO NOT crap MYSEFL

• Haha 2

On 1/16/2019 at 7:37 AM, PruneTracy said:

That just tells people you're an original fan, kind of like when I walk around wearing my Tennessee Oilers Starter jacket

I had no idea they used to be called the Tennessee Oilers until the other day when I watched old news footage of the tornado that struck downtown and "tore down several cranes at the Tennessee Oilers stadium under construction." 

It's pretty cool that our PRO SOCCER TEAM will be a brand new franchise and not just a relocation.

On 1/17/2019 at 5:30 PM, DMilner said:

I figured we probably hadn’t heard the last of these folks. 

D56A49A6-A5E6-4EE3-AB65-531A71CE6BED.png

Jesus H. Macy can these people just go away?? Any time I need to giggle I watch this video of one of the community meetings. Then It kind of makes me scared that Nashville has people like this....

https://twitter.com/d_aronoff7/status/1034275463064170501

Edited by NashvilleObserver
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Scared? Really? Ha
I may feel embarrassed and even smirky (is that a word)  when the Metro Council meets, the Black Lives Matters folks march and speak, the Women's March is about (I guess that one is now dead).... but never scared.

The great thing about diversity is that people are ...diverse in thought, actions, beliefs.... maybe in their support for a Soccer franchise coming to Nashville....go figure.

10 minutes ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Then It kind of makes me scared that Nashville has people like this....

I have a lot of trouble taking anything Amons reports seriously. I don't think she stayed the entire time for a single meeting during all the council votes.

I think the fact that we aren't getting quotes from Glover, Cooper and the other against vote, anymore, show how much of a chance they think these suits have.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

I have a lot of trouble taking anything Amons reports seriously. I don't think she stayed the entire time for a single meeting during all the council votes.

I think the fact that we aren't getting quotes from Glover, Cooper and the other against vote, anymore, show how much of a chance they think these suits have.

At what point can I stop losing sleep over this?  After I attend the first game in a few years?  I feel like they will keep trying until they find something to kill this.

22 minutes ago, TheRaglander said:

At what point can I stop losing sleep over this?  After I attend the first game in a few years?  I feel like they will keep trying until they find something to kill this.

Well all the ground work is well underway, they are blasting on a daily basis over the past couple of weeks. The expo center is supposed to be finished by June... I think that probably got pushed after the initial delay because of the lawsuit and then very wet past months we've had. Once that is complete, then the old buildings come down.

I'm not sure what the anti- crowd can do after that. They would have two brand new buildings to use. I guess they could still sue to block the stadium and then have the entire Fairgrounds turned into a parking lot.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nashville_bound said:

Scared? Really? Ha
I may feel embarrassed and even smirky (is that a word)  when the Metro Council meets, the Black Lives Matters folks march and speak, the Women's March is about (I guess that one is now dead).... but never scared.

The great thing about diversity is that people are ...diverse in thought, actions, beliefs.... maybe in their support for a Soccer franchise coming to Nashville....go figure.

It's scary that there are people this angry in Nashville over a soccer stadium, and who think we should focus on, and I quote, "mining, manufacturing, and agriculture" instead of development, because adding a soccer stadium is likened to the "circus" that led to the downfall of ancient civilizations?? Really? Also, @nashville_bound based on your posting patterns, I think our views are very similar on most topics, but being content to stay as-is, complacent, comfortable with no progress, no upgrades, and angrily opposed to something that will benefit our city in the long-run, and doing so in the name of protecting a rather outdated part of the city is quite an odd mentality.  I understand the value of traditions and history, but we shouldn't let them take control of us.

• Like 2

They are not angry over a soccer stadium....they are angry at being forced to change their way of life and the manner in which it was forced down their throats. Three distinct groups are upset - the flea market merchants, the auto racing participants, and the supporters of the State Fair. The state fair’s mission is...

Mission

The Tennessee State Fair Association was formed to promote the education of agriculture, horticulture, the creative arts, performing arts, industry, commerce, recreation, economic development, natural resources, and related areas to the public, through the planning, promotion, conduct, and operation of an annual Tennessee State Fair.

Which is why they support mining, manuf., agriculture...

The state fair is celebrating 150 years at this location so yes change is hard and when the change can also impact your bottom-line it is especially hard to swallow. I can hope they fail at their goal to derail the stadium construction at the same time I support their rights to try to press their case in our courts. It is a great venue for those who feel injured....much better than the old rules of the Wild West.  Part of your last sentence is probably how they also feel...

’‘we should not let them control us”

2 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

It's scary that there are people this angry in Nashville over a soccer stadium, and who think we should focus on, and I quote, "mining, manufacturing, and agriculture" instead of development, because adding a soccer stadium is likened to the "circus" that led to the downfall of ancient civilizations?? Really? Also, @nashville_bound based on your posting patterns, I think our views are very similar on most topics, but being content to stay as-is, complacent, comfortable with no progress, no upgrades, and angrily opposed to something that will benefit our city in the long-run, and doing so in the name of protecting a rather outdated part of the city is quite an odd mentality.  I understand the value of traditions and history, but we shouldn't let them take control of us.

Edited by Guest

10 hours ago, TheRaglander said:

After the first season, there will be a push to convert it to a steeplechase track. Maybe greyhound racing is an option