Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

I'm really just glad that they didn't screw it up with a name change. The shape of the crest is a bit awkward but I kinda like the new "N". My biggest gripe is that I don't love the more greenish-yellow they appear to have adopted, but overall I am ok with what we've seen so far.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

The blue/gold has always been ok in my mind. I wouldn't have been mad at all if they went and got their own colors. 

Lord, I'm all hot and bothered about that last jersey. I hope that one is real.

I don't think so, it seems to be something mocked up with some stock Adidas templates. You can see here that it is the same template that FC Cincinnati just recently unveiled for their new jerseys-

image.thumb.png.b99b164b7f8adf8b446c3131843e9aee.png

It is a great looking jersey. 

11 minutes ago, henburg said:

I don't think so, it seems to be something mocked up with some stock Adidas templates. You can see here that it is the same template that FC Cincinnati just recently unveiled for their new jerseys-

I think it is (or could be real), especially since Adidas most likely would just use the same style and change the color scheme and crest. 

Thanks for the welcome. I can't believe how one sided this logo discussion has become. Wonder how much Ingram paid for it and how much merchandise they already ordered? They definitely  were going for a guitar head with six strings. The N being two v's for Ville. The only positive is with all the hate and the club remaining quite, there is only one way for it to trend going forward. 

One bright spot for those that like the old logo. Should be able to buy as much gear as you want for about half price relatively soon. By year end for sure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hirtme said:

They definitely  were going for a guitar head with six strings.

I just don't see the guitar head.  I mean, it resembles the headstock a bit...but without at least part of the neck or the "tuning buttons" (or whatever they're called), I think it's a stretch for them to believe most fans will see it that way.  Heck...I'm a songwriter and guitar player and I don't see it unless I really use my imagination.

preview.jpg

43121789-guitar-headstock.jpg

headstockjpg-2e8060932460a266.jpg

7 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Per Nashville Soccer facebook pages, TN State Fair has voluntarily dismissed their lawsuit against metro without prejudice. 

Tomorrow at 4pm at Marathon Music Works, MLS2Nashville will have a big event. Probably going to be branding and new logo reveal. Perhaps updated stadium renderings?

So.... that's it?  No more "lawsuit" hurdles?

8 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Per Nashville Soccer facebook pages, TN State Fair has voluntarily dismissed their lawsuit against metro without prejudice. 

Tomorrow at 4pm at Marathon Music Works, MLS2Nashville will have a big event. Probably going to be branding and new logo reveal. Perhaps updated stadium renderings?

Official MLS brand unveiling IMHO.

Per the TENNESSEAN (subscription)…...

Nashville's MLS team is taking another step toward its inaugural 2020 season.

The team will make a major announcement at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Marathon Music Works. The club is expected to announce its team name, logo and color scheme for its first season next year.

The event Wednesday is open to the public, although attendees must RSVP through the club's Eventbrite posting, which can be found on NashvilleSC.com. The venue holds fewer than 2,000 people.

Music, drinks and other entertainment will be provided during the announcement event. Fox Sports reporter Sara Walsh will host.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1