Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

12 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Well you're a better man than I because, I'm sorry, but I can't see that point of view.  Not in this case.  They're renovating and giving new life to the things he loves and replacing an unused dirt lot with something else that will bring energy and vibrancy to this place he feels such nostalgia for.  Like I said before, if the race track was being replaced by a soccer stadium, then I could appreciate his gripes, but how are you gonna be mad at a plan that makes the things you love BETTER?  Sometimes I think people just like to rail against change and against any governmental action (please, god, don't let that last bit trigger certain folks.) 

I meant more of this part...

"My father's thoughts 
"You don’t GIVE tax payer property to your billionaire friend. The land was a gift to taxpayers, not government officials, to then make deals with their friends.""

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Here we go again.   Seriously, Tennessean, is that the best skyline shot you've got?  Plus, it looks like the guy is in the Nissan Stadium parking lot.

At any rate, I wonder if the ownership group had considered calling the team "Tenn SC" instead of Nashville SC.  Sound it out.

This generally doesn't bother me much but I'm starting to agree with the sentiment. These publications love to rave about Nashville's growth but continue to push photos of the city that could have been taken 25 years ago. Very strange.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Here's hoping that Nashville, MDHA, the City Council, Public Works, etc. will actually put some thought and planning into the infrastructure around the stadium... 

Figure out what in the hell they are going to do with

• Parking in and around the new stadium.
  • Sidewalks on the fairgrounds proper and the neighborhoods around it.
  • Wedgewood Ave/Walsh Rd. (Can't really keep closing Walsh with that many people coming to a game doesn't seem feasible)
  • Craighead St. (Having an entrance on Craighead would help a lot and adding a turn lane also)
  • 4th Ave S. (The train on 4th, woof, I have no idea how you solve that, getting stuck at a sitting train coming from downtown and missing the entire game would be hugely infuriating)
  • 2nd Ave S. (The whole mess of streets that is 2nd Ave S./Carney Street/Old Radnor Car Line and the teeny tiny railroad overpass)
  • Nolensville Pike. (There is no light leaving Walsh Rd/Wedgewood to get onto Nolensville, that will have to change)
  • Put in street lights, have stop lights that respond to the presence of cars instead of sticking to a schedule.
  • Increased police presence in the area due to higher taxes.

Just a few I can think of, it's gonna be a busy Busy BUSY two years in this area while that stadium is being built, hopefully they pick one hell of a construction company. 

I would pass your concerns along to Colby Sledge, the council person for this district.   [email protected]

• Like 4

If Nashville gets the amazon HQ2 after this I'm going to pass out haha. I thought our bid for MLS was weak and never going to pick up traction at first, and now we have a team. Of course these two challenges are completely different, but they both seem like long shots for Nashville and one of them has come to fruition.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, bigeasy said:

But the track will still be there right? I thought the stadium was going to go next to it?

Side note: Do people realize they are hyped up about soccer? I mean baseball is boring, but soccer is next level boring.

Soccer is AWESOME in person. Especially if you have a good supporters section and an engaged fan base. I went regularly to games in Philadelphia, initially thinking it'd be terrible, but in the end having some of the best sports experiences ever. Was at last night's Preds game and couldn't stop thinking about how much fun soccer will be if half the Preds fan base shows up.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jmtunafish said:

Is anyone else watching the announcement?  I'm not a soccer fan, but this enthusiasm is intoxicating!  I'll definitely be buying some Nashville SC jerseys and going to some games.

Watching..still wish it were Nashville FC....but who cares.?  MLS in Nashville.....this was unfathomable two years ago!

• Like 4

4 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

If that's not 70's NASL I don't know what is.

Were it not for the MetroStars (now the NY Red Bulls) I would say resurrect the Nashville Metros name.

Nashville_Metros_logo_2012.png

How about Nashville Metropolitan? Or Metropolitan Nashville? Sounds much more distinct than  Nashville SC.........but that's just me.

OR....Metropolis Nashville. Pays homage to our Greek influence and our form of Gov't. Short version: the Mets.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bnacincy said:

How about Nashville Metropolitan? Or Metropolitan Nashville? Sounds much more distinct than  Nashville SC.........but that's just me.

OR....Metropolis Nashville. Pays homage to our Greek influence and our form of Gov't. Short version: the Mets.

Nashville Myrmidons ;) 

• Like 1

Congrats Nashville, from an OCSC fan. . . Take it to Atlanta!!!!!

Also, as for the name, I always wanted Music City in your name instead of Nashville. At least it is unique even if you combine it with the same ole generic MLS tropes like FC, SC or God forbid-United. 

I am kinda partial to Music City Soccer Squad. 

Edited by dcluley98